The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trunk rust pin holes - Solder to fill
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

Cmangeot
Posted 2014-07-21 10:07 PM (#449975)
Subject: Trunk rust pin holes - Solder to fill

Extreme Veteran

Ok so after i had such success with the trunk weather strip on my 60 windsor, I could no longer look at the rust peeking thru the old tar type coast in gin the trunk floor. Off it came with a scraper. Found 4-5 spots where the rust has gone thru. Sad, but for this to be the only spot on a 54 year old unrestored car, I am over it.

Literally, you can barely see the light from below even after grinding to fresh metal. I plan to use the lead free solder from Eastwood to fill the areas as cutting and patching would be ridiculous for this, you could barely get a sewing needle through these holes. Also, I do not want to put any fiberglass filler on the car.

Does anyone have any tips? First and foremost, I don't wanna use a torch near the gas tank, so I guess I have to take that out??

Let me know your thoughts.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
60 dart
Posted 2014-07-22 12:04 AM (#449987 - in reply to #449975)
Subject: Re: Trunk rust pin holes - Solder to fill

Expert 5K+

use por-15 hole filler , comes in a tube and can be easily be applied with a rubber spreader , even sanded a bit after cure if more is needed . it's best applied if one side is taped first , let setup then do the
other side . i've used it several times on ate up battery boxes and other areas where i could get to both sides ------------------------------------------later
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)