The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1961 Dodge Seneca WAGON
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - VEHICLESMessage format

lestersivets
Posted 2014-07-18 12:07 PM (#449580)
Subject: 1961 Dodge Seneca WAGON

Offered here is a 1961 Dodge Seneca long roof, the car that got Virgil Exner fired. These are relatively rare since few were sold new. This is the base model Seneca, originally a 318 Poly motor with three on the tree. Interestingly, the wagons used top-of-the-line Polara taillight assemblies.

Motor was stuck when purchased three years ago, and due to scarcity of Poly parts, replaced with a 360 from a Dodge cop car. Motor completely rebuilt with Keith Black cast-forged pistons, new crank, valve springs, etc. and dressed up with Edelbrock Performer manifold, 650 cfm four barrel and ribbed valve covers and air cleaner. Less than 2000 on motor. Custom oil pan was created to clearance the front suspension.
Odometer shows 77k, believed to be original. New dual exhaust all the way back.

Car had some rust in the rear quarters and tailgate, which were professionally replaced with new metal. Car was then repainted in oyster white lower and pale blue upper. 15 inch Torq Thrust Ds with brand new rubber on her now, also have original 14 inch rims with perfect set of original dog dish hubcaps, all go with car. Car is lowered 2 inches, has the torsion bars loosened a little and 2-inch blocks in the back to give it the right stance.

This car runs great, would not hesitate to drive tit cross-country tomorrow. shifts well, stops straight, and will get up and go. Drove it to the Lone Star Roundup from Memphis to Austin in 2011 and was invited to park it in the VIP car area. Paint is fantastic. Rubber mats in driver area and rubber covering in back, all look good. Back seat folds forward for extra cargo space. Interior has a few flaws: Front seat needs recovered. Has a seat cover on it now. Rear seat has a small rip on a seam, could be repaired with out recovering. Needs to have the 80s-vintage fm/cassette player removed and a radio delete plate added (or a stereo!). Speaker grille on top of dash is missing. Faux bamboo headliner is in great shape, as is the dash with floating speedo. Good heater. Gas gauge doesn’t work, needs a float in the saddle tank. All other gauges work. Has a set of accessory gauges to monitor oil pressure, temp and volts. All lights and turn signals function as they should. This car starts right up, even after sitting for prolonged periods.

Won a first place trophy in the only car show it was entered into. About to put this car on eBay, but thought I’d offer it here first.

If interested don’t reply on this site, email me at lswets@amcity.com. This is my business email, so I won’t get the weekend emails, but I will respond ASAP during the week. Have plenty of photos of engine rebuild and bodywork. Car is located in Memphis; you are responsible for shipping, but I can assist with details. Or fly in, eat some barbecue and listen to some blues, and drive her home.

Thank you for your interest. $18,9k.

(1961DodgeWagon012812.jpg)

(BlockValvecoversFront.jpg)

(Dodge92.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1961DodgeWagon012812.jpg (117KB - 173 downloads)
Attachments BlockValvecoversFront.jpg (148KB - 162 downloads)
Attachments Dodge92.JPG (115KB - 168 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
lestersivets
Posted 2014-08-28 10:24 AM (#454503 - in reply to #449580)
Subject: RE: 1961 Dodge Seneca WAGON

This car is now listed on a BringaTrailer auction at a much-reduced reserve and can be seen here, bid with joy:
http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1961-dodge-dart-seneca-station-wag...
lestersivets
Posted 2014-09-04 5:27 PM (#455236 - in reply to #449580)
Subject: Re: 1961 Dodge Seneca WAGON

Wagon is still for sale, make an offer! I can say no if I don't like it!
901-726-1598 or lestersivets@gmail.com
Thanks!
lestersivets
Posted 2014-09-04 5:58 PM (#455238 - in reply to #449580)

Additional pictures in this Flickr photo album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/62945060@N03/sets/72157646221098981/
lestersivets
Posted 2014-09-30 7:26 PM (#457843 - in reply to #449580)

Car is now listed on eBay with reserve lowered: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111475972224?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trk...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)