The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Phil Hughes.
Moderators: Ray Bell

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> Australia & New Zealand RegionMessage format

Diesel45
Posted 2014-11-27 11:29 PM (#462987)
Subject: Phil Hughes.

Expert

So very sad to hear the passing of Phil Hughes. We had a minutes silence for him in my Cricket Club last night..Our thoughts are with his family..
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ttotired
Posted 2014-11-28 5:10 AM (#462995 - in reply to #462987)
Subject: Re: Phil Hughes.

Expert 5K+

I believe the same will happen in mine tommorow

It was a very freak accident, I worry a bit about my sons that play sometimes

One thing that might come out of this is that there is talk of making wearing a helmet mandatory for all grades

For the people that arnt cricket mad, he was wearing a helmet, but was struck under the edge of it, sort of behind his ear

A cricket ball is very hard (harder than a base ball and a bit smaller) and a fast bowler can bowl them at around 100mph, so when you get hit, it hurts (if it misses the pads) and it will leave a very colourfull bruise

A bouncer (what hit Phil) is a ball bowled about 1/2 the leanth of the pitch and (if legal, not to high) will wizz past your head at about ear height.

It is very intimidating and is used to unsettle a batsman

The Adventurer
Posted 2014-11-28 8:26 AM (#463001 - in reply to #462987)
Subject: RE: Phil Hughes.

Elite Veteran,, James Passed away March 2021, He will be Missed

I am not into sport as such , but wow it has shaken the nation that's for sure .
ozysteve
Posted 2014-11-28 6:02 PM (#463041 - in reply to #462987)

Veteran

tragic,,....... so young and so much potential........

RIP
lozrox58
Posted 2014-12-03 1:56 AM (#463448 - in reply to #462987)

Extreme Veteran

The loss of any person is a tragedy. But I am disgusted by the ridiculous over reporting and over emphasis of this man's death. In the last week we have lost two other sportsperson's who have represented Australia, yet they didn't even rate a mention in the news. We loose servicemen and they get a few lines on page 5. Yet this sportsman gets front page plus five other pages, and page after page since his death. He died playing the sport he loved and his family will be exceptionally well cared for. get it into perspective.
ttotired
Posted 2014-12-03 4:19 AM (#463455 - in reply to #462987)

Expert 5K+

I have to agree with you a bit there

It is tragic and being involved in the cricket comunity myself, I was pleased to see the mark of respect that my club and my young sons club payed to Phil and his familly

What i dont get is all the media hype that has been attatched to this and commented on it to my work mates today at lunch time when I saw the funeral bein televised live.

He has had what is basically a state funeral without it actually being called one and I have to say that I dont understand why

I could not see the same thing happen if Danial Richiardo had a crash and died in F1 (not that I am wishing that on him), its just that the media have gotten a hold of it and wont let it go

I hope now that he has had his funeral that the media let it go so his familly can properly grieve and he can rest in piece

Its a sad loss of (from all reports) a nice guy that represented his country in a sport he loved and (really) died playing that sport

When I die, I hope I have the privelidge of dying doing what I love as well

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)