The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4dr hardtop Elk River Minnesota
Moderators: ronbo97

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - EBAY, CRAIGSLIST & OTHER FINDSMessage format

Steppinout
Posted 2014-11-11 4:24 PM (#461592)
Subject: 1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4dr hardtop Elk River Minnesota

Elite Veteran

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1960-DeSoto-Adventurer-4-door-swivel-seats-...

1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4 door hardtop. Only about 2600 made. Nice body and undercarriage. I got the car out of long time storage. We found some receipts from california in 1971 showing 20 gallons of premium fuel at .45c per gallon. I had my guys go through it and remove the carpet, clean the trunk, and spend 2 days cleaning and scrubbing just to get a look at the body, floors and interior. It turned out pretty good. The glass is all good with exception of the drivers door glass that has a 4" crack in the bottom front. The floor pans are good except where your heal of the foot goes for the gas pedal. The frame rails are in nice shape. We changed all the fluids, cleaned out the tank and lines, replaced the points, cap, rotor and wires. We then put a new battery in it and used a little brake clean and it fired and ran really well. We then changed out the stuck thermostat and coolant, adjusted the parking brake, filled the transmission and checked the rear end. It runs, drives and shifts very nicely. The brakes work, but they will probably get adjusted before too long. The body is in nice shape and so is most of the chrome. The headlights, turn signals and brake lights work. We changed over the generator to an alternator. We also changed out all the coolant when we changed out the thermostat. On the highway there is a vibration from 65mph up. I suspect the tires. They are full tread, but they are old. The swivel buckets work correctly but the covering is shot and so are the drivers side springs. The trunk lip rusted- not the trunk lid- and the door seals are all rotted away. The dash and instruments are original and in good shape. All 4 wheel covers are with the car and in good shape. It appears someone started to sand the car to paint it a long time ago and then just gave up. It appears everything under the hood is intact and original. This is just a neat old fin car that would not take a lot to make it a really nice driver. Take a look at the pictures and if you have any questions give me a call Thanks Bart 763-712-9088

($_57.JPG)

($_57 (1).JPG)

($_57 (2).JPG)

($_57 (3).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments $_57.JPG (172KB - 145 downloads)
Attachments $_57 (1).JPG (177KB - 148 downloads)
Attachments $_57 (2).JPG (159KB - 145 downloads)
Attachments $_57 (3).JPG (166KB - 147 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moparfrank
Posted 2014-11-11 9:56 PM (#461613 - in reply to #461592)
Subject: RE: 1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4dr hardtop Elk River Minnesota

Regular

This is the same car that I looked at a couple of weeks ago that was very moldy and not in too good of shape for $1500. The guy in Elk River must have bought it and is trying to make a few bucks. Probably didn't pay anywhere near the $1500 asking price either. The paint on the car when I looked at it wasn't anything like it is now. It probably was repainted some time ago and the paint came off when they pressure washed it to get all the mold and moss off of it. They must have pressure washed the interior too as it was very moldy too. I'm surprised that it isn't rusted out more than it is sitting where it sat for so many years.
60crossram
Posted 2014-11-12 9:40 AM (#461639 - in reply to #461592)
Subject: Re: 1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4dr hardtop Elk River Minnesota

Elite Veteran

Send it overseas they can restore it. DeSoto lives !!!
ttotired
Posted 2014-11-12 5:31 PM (#461686 - in reply to #461592)
Subject: Re: 1960 DeSoto Adventurer 4dr hardtop Elk River Minnesota

Expert 5K+

Sounds like a missed oppertunity, but the new owner hasnt sold it yet, so we will see if he gets any action

Not sure (if I was flipping a car like this) that I would have gone into details like "I got the boys to spend 2 days cleaning it" or something like that, I would just let the pictures do the talking about its CURRENT condition.

All I might have said(as to its recent past) is that it was a recent find, or rescue, I would only talk about the past on a car like this if I had owned it a long time or had done a resto, otherwise, you can fluff it up a bit, but dont mention what had to be done to get it to the stage that someone thinks it might be restorable instead of,"its to far gone, best let it sink into the ground"

The old add is still up

By the way

Anyone wanna buy a good mowta

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)