The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heater Control Valve Capillary Tube
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Heating, Cooling and Air ConditioningMessage format

jboymechanic
Posted 2015-02-07 12:22 AM (#469533)
Subject: Heater Control Valve Capillary Tube

Expert

I was wondering if anyone has removed their capillary tube from their heater control valve? The reason I ask is that I have two control valves; one is in very nice condition but the capillary tube is missing and the other is in extremely poor condition but the capillary tube is intact. My car would only on rare occasions see late fall driving where temps would be in the low 40s, so I do want heat, but I just can't imagine that the capillary tube setup would have much affect. I was hoping to install my good condition valve without tube and be done with it. As I understand the setup any way, the tube heats up and causes the valve to close slightly. This automatic adjustment can't be happening all that quickly and I figure if I end up getting to warm I can turn the temp and fans down or just open a window or the cowl vent. Any one have any experience with this situation?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
57chizler
Posted 2015-02-07 2:43 PM (#469558 - in reply to #469533)
Subject: RE: Heater Control Valve Capillary Tube

Expert

You're correct in that the capillary serves a function on automatic temp valves, without it the temp has to be manually controlled...no big deal IMO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)