The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

forwardlook60
Posted 2015-02-01 7:26 PM (#469204)
Subject: '56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car

New User

I thought, perhaps, that I might get some information about this car. Hopefully, someone on the forum might have a
bit more data (other than the length, wheelbase, width, etc.

I am currently scratch building a 1/25th scale replica of this car (1st incarnation...the retractable version). It would seem that,
other than the standard pictures that exist on the internet and in Grist's book, there are no other photos. What I need to know
is:

1. What is the lighter color of the car? I remember seeing the car at the Chicago Auto Show in '57 and it appeared to be
a light silver with a slightly blue bias. Additionally, I recall a description that appeared in an article that noted the color as
being silver...but that was the singular reference that I could find.

2. What was the original engine Chrysler used in the car? Again, some references say a 392 Hemi, others say a poly.

3. In a couple of photos (found on the internet), the car appears to be painted in ONE color only (...a medium to dark shade, at that).
Would anyone happen to know what color that was? To add to the confusion, there is a picture on page 99 of Grist's book
that shows Ex leaning on the rear of the car....and it appears to be painted in a SINGLE LIGHT color.

4. The two pictures that I've found of the interior are black and white. What color(s) comprised the interior? My recollection is
black a a medium shade of gray...with silver piping. Now again, my memory might be hazy. If anyone has first-hand knowledge
or a better recollection, any input will be helpful.

5. What color were the wheels? In what appears to be a colorized modification of one of the 3/4 factory views, the outer portion
of the wheels indicate red. Once again, I do not recall them being red and perhaps the 'colorizer' took some artistic license. This is
important because I am striving for absolute historical accuracy.

6. Finally, would anyone happen to know what the thin dark strip is just above the circular tail lights on the fins? At first, I thought
that it was an upward extension of the tail light (a reflector??) but I am not sure.

Thank you very much; any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Steve

1960 Chrysler New Yorker 2dr HT
1955 Dodge Custom Royal 4dr Sedan
1956 Chrysler New Yorker St Regis 2dr HT
Top of the page Bottom of the page
60 Finatic
Posted 2015-02-02 12:48 PM (#469238 - in reply to #469204)
Subject: Re: '56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car

Extreme Veteran

The info I posted here http://forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53527&post... was directly off the placard in front of the car at Amelia Island last year.
StillOutThere
Posted 2015-02-02 2:25 PM (#469246 - in reply to #469204)
Subject: Re: '56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car

<p>Steve, Email sent with several photos including color. I was a founding member of the old Amtes Model CC of Palos, IL so appreciate what you are doing. Enjoy! Wayne</p><p> </p><p>STEVE ---- mails to you are being returned to me.   Is your email correct on your membership page???</p>

Edited by StillOutThere 2015-02-02 2:33 PM

(56Chrysler_Dart.jpg)

(dart 2 int.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 56Chrysler_Dart.jpg (13KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments dart 2 int.jpg (68KB - 95 downloads)
forwardlook60
Posted 2015-02-02 5:44 PM (#469260 - in reply to #469204)
Subject: RE: '56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car

New User

Hi all,

60 Finatic: I had viewed your post before. That information is for the Diablo (or the 3rd incarnation of the car).
I am building the DART (the 1st car Chrysler developed/built/displayed).

Wayne: Thank you...email address has been corrected, please resend information. That interior shot is one that
I've not seen before. Unfortunately, because it is black and white it's hard to discern what the colors might be.
lebaron413
Posted 2015-02-02 11:29 PM (#469272 - in reply to #469204)
Subject: RE: '56 Chrysler Dart Concept Car

Regular

Car Life Mag. from Feb/1957 did a feature on the Dart. Looking at the pic's the car was Silver above the beltline with Black lowers and roof. interior appears to be combo of black buckets w silver inserts. I will attatch some Pic's if possible. John

(1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept01.jpg)

(1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept_Interior_01.jpg)

(1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept_08.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept01.jpg (105KB - 106 downloads)
Attachments 1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept_Interior_01.jpg (213KB - 91 downloads)
Attachments 1957_Ghia_Chrysler_Dart_Concept_08.jpg (103KB - 89 downloads)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)