The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

strange/ rear tapered axel question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Transmission and Rear AxleMessage format

196061SAVOY
Posted 2015-03-22 6:10 PM (#473158)
Subject: strange/ rear tapered axel question

User has resigned from board

hmmm, my beloved 61 savoy , i replaces driverside axel shaft with very bad threads, with a used axel shaft with very good threads, also replaces inner oil seal, bearing  and race,  then put everything back together shim/drums ect ect , tightend down the axel castle nut to specs, then i pulled other side axel shaft out to just replace the inner oil seal, lub the bearing, then put everything  back together shim/drum ect ect and tightend down axel crown nut to specs,      observation, im showing more exsposed threads on one axel shaft than the other,  in other words  one side has more threads showing after the castle nut than the other.  the used axel shaft castle nut, is flush with the the very tip of the end of the threaded shaft, where as the orig axel shaft has maybe 2 or 3 threads exsposed after the casle nut ,   i measured orig and replacement they are the  same    ill check my rock solid never gives me problems 60 savoy, to see if i notice any diff     is this a problem or okay 

Edited by 196061SAVOY 2015-03-22 6:32 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
196061SAVOY
Posted 2015-03-22 7:29 PM (#473166 - in reply to #473158)
Subject: Re: strange/ rear tapered axel question

User has resigned from board

<p>" I see, said the blind man " found out my problem, THREADED SECTION of the org to the 61 savoy from the factory axel shaft end  is longer  than the replacement axel shaft THREADED end, so that's why i have a few more threads  at the end after the castle nut  on the orig, than on the replacement, WOOO , all else is the same,  </p>

Edited by 196061SAVOY 2015-03-22 7:35 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)