The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Modern seat options..and yes I searched first
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

Gunbunny119
Posted 2016-09-17 3:49 PM (#521467)
Subject: Modern seat options..and yes I searched first

Hello guys. New member here and have a question on seat options. I searched the forum and don't really see my question addressed, so here goes.

Have a 56 4 door savoy and I'm researching seat options. My teenage girls will be driving this car and I'd really like to find a seat option with the integrated shoulder belt. I've seen some of you have used Sebring seats in your forward look cars. However...We are a family of 6 and I really don't want to lose that seat in the middle. The allure of this car to the family is that we all get to drive it. I was driving my Ford Super Duty and wondered if anyone has tried using pickup seats in their forward look. My super duty has the integrated belts, as do late model chevys and then I would have the center console option. In summary, want integrated shoulder belts, but still have the 3rd seat in the middle.

I will get my measurements and start junkyard hopping, but I was hoping one of you has tried it and could give me a quick "Hell no, it won't work". I'm not afraid of bracketry work and such..just curious to know if they will physically fit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Gunbunny119
Posted 2016-09-17 5:48 PM (#521479 - in reply to #521467)
Subject: Re: Modern seat options..and yes I searched first

Just to give you guys an update. I measured the width of the seats in my truck and the Savoy. Dead match, as a matter of fact. hair over 59" from the widest part. In the next week or so, I'm gonna yank the seats out of my super duty and lay them inside the savoy to see how they at least lay down in there. May be too tall, who knows. Would be awesome to have a savoy with shoulder belts that is still a six seater. If it works, that means pickup truck seats come on the menu for those of us who can't lose that 6th passenger seating area. I'll keep you posted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)