The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1956 Dodge WCFB Carb Question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

dougruffner
Posted 2015-10-06 10:17 PM (#491606)
Subject: 1956 Dodge WCFB Carb Question

Veteran

I finally got the D500 running. Rebuilt engine and transmission. Everything turned out great except the carburetor - Carter WCFB, which I sent out for the rebuild. The engine runs good and responds to the throttle. The problem is at idle. It's really rich and turning the idle mixtures screws doesn't help. On one side, turning the screw has no effect - on the other, the engine speeds up when turning all the way in and bottomed out. Are there any carb experts that would know what the problem is?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Shep
Posted 2015-10-07 8:25 PM (#491682 - in reply to #491606)
Subject: Re: 1956 Dodge WCFB Carb Question

Expert

Many things can cause this, verify no vacuum leaks and proper timing, but this is an internal issue, make sure you have the proper base gasket also.
dougruffner
Posted 2015-10-13 3:05 PM (#492195 - in reply to #491606)
Subject: Re: 1956 Dodge WCFB Carb Question

Veteran

Ever heard of setting the throttle speed in such a way that with the choke open, fast idle disengaged and throttle linkage against the throttle speed screw the throttle plates make the transition slots look like squares? This would be an off the car setting done by looking into the primary throttle bores. The rebuilder said to do this. I did it and it didn't help. I've never heard of this before.

Pretty sure I have the correct gasket.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)