The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

225ci slant six - exhaust manifold
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

60seneca
Posted 2005-06-10 1:52 PM (#32583)
Subject: 225ci slant six - exhaust manifold

The exhaust manifold on my '60 Dart is cracked and needs replacing. I did some research and found a manifold from 1aauto.com for $150, which sounded like a great price to me. They say the part is for the 1970-76 Darts, but a 225 slant six is a 225 slant six, right? I asked my mechanic, who said the same thing, so I ordered it. The place writes back saying "this is designed for the 1970-1987 slant six, and not designed to fit the 1960. Please let us know if you still want us to ship it, because if you have to return it there's a 15% restocking fee." Well...I certainly don't want to have to return this thing, especially if it's gonna cost me that 15%. So who's right here? Will this manifold fit my '60 or not? If it won't, does anyone know where to get one that will fit? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

--Phil
Top of the page Bottom of the page
I GOT FINS
Posted 2005-06-10 9:56 PM (#32607 - in reply to #32583)
Subject: RE: 225ci slant six - exhaust manifold

Elite Veteran

Phil:

I don't know the answer of your question as per : but I am wondering if it has to do with emissions ie: egr valve and or other pollution devices.

If you find out for sure and you want to update I do have a intake and exhaust off a 78 aspen 225 with the super 6 two barrel carb; complete with linkages and air cleaner. You could buy it for the same money as they want for the exhaust manifold alone plus shipping.
If you are interested send me a PM or email me at the address in my user profile.

J.W. Duhn
60 dart
Posted 2005-06-11 11:45 AM (#32624 - in reply to #32583)

Expert 5K+

i don't have a lot of info beyond 65 but what i have dug up so far is that the 225 exhaust manifolds will interchange from 60 to 75---------------------later

have you given any thought to using headers ?

here's about anything you would need to know about the slant six ex. manifold------maybe the 60 to 75 info isn't so hot

http://www.slantsix.org/articles/manifold-install/types-mounting.ht...

i was adding the web page just as GARY posting below
GaryS
Posted 2005-06-11 12:14 PM (#32625 - in reply to #32583)

Expert

There are a few differences between years, but they will interchange on all engines. The differences are in the choke stove, the reinforcing ribs, and I seem to recall the attaching ears are slightly different. I currently have a '79 exhaust manifold on my '64 225, so I know they work. Original manifolds are getting hard to find and I'm told the new ones are Asian sourced and not the best quality.

There is a true dual exhaust manifold being cast by a slant guru named Doug Dutra and they go for about $225, but are top quality. You can use two of his manifolds and not have carb heat, or you can weld a plate on the end of the broken manifold and use it on the rear cylinders to retain carb heat and save some bucks.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)