The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paint codes and color sweep
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Body, Glass, Interior and TrimMessage format

macedon
Posted 2016-02-20 11:44 AM (#504703)
Subject: Paint codes and color sweep

Elite Veteran

My 57 DeSoto Sedan has the paint code XXX on the trim tag. The original invoice however says it came with a color sweep. Just curious if anyone had encountered this as well. The car was repainted in the 90's with the something close to Sahara Tan and a brown roof and sweep. I have not quite decided which way to go when I paint. My interior is trim code 533. I'll stick with Sahara Tan for the body. According to this sheet GXG TXT ZXZ were all suggested two-tones for a 533 interior. I appreciate originality, but I'm not locked into it. I'm leaning towards Spice Brown-Sahara Tan-Spice Brown. Maybe, maybe Mandarin Rust-Sahara Tan-Mandarin Rust.

(57sedaninvoice.JPG)

(trimchoices.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 57sedaninvoice.JPG (89KB - 86 downloads)
Attachments trimchoices.JPG (185KB - 70 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Viper Guy
Posted 2016-02-20 5:02 PM (#504723 - in reply to #504703)
Subject: Re: Paint codes and color sweep

Expert

Yeah, my '59 DeSoto Firesweep shows paint code CCC on the ID tag under the hood which normally is solid color Glacier Blue. However the car does have a color sweep which is painted white the same as the roof. It just doesn't show that on the ID tag. I don't have a build sheet or window sticker that might show something different. The car also has the upgraded Firedome interior but the trim code indicates standard blue cloth..........I dunno! I guess there was room for improvement back then but was never implemented.

Edited by Viper Guy 2016-02-20 7:06 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)