The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forward Look emblem, method 2
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Swap Meet -> For Sale - PARTSMessage format

Andy1974
Posted 2015-09-01 3:36 PM (#488555)
Subject: Forward Look emblem, method 2

Regular

I´m selling 3 FL emblems again. First one is on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201419097436

As there was criticism about the missing stud on the backside, I changed the replication method, using modern 3D drawing and printing methods. I nearly hold the price from my chromoly casted emblems last year, although it does not cover my setup costs yet.

Method 1 was this one:

http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=53223&posts=8&highlight=emblem&highlightmode=1#M446133

This is the Forwardlook logo as a chrome plated reproduction emblem that came originally on the upper rear seat recess of 1957 and 1958 Plymouth Fury models. It also came on the glovebox of the 1956 DeSoto. It is 2.6” long and 1.6” high, thickness 0.12"

Originals are very hard to find. This is not an original, but it is hard to see any difference. Only if you look very closely you will see that the surface is not perfectly smooth like an original zinc die cast. Please don´t expect total perfection. Affordable techniques are not that advanced yet. The core material is a strong 3D print resin that has been metalized and plated with real galvanic chrome. It is very durable, looks and feels like metal.

I think it would be hard to restore a pitted original one to look better.

It comes with the same threaded stud on the backside as the original one has, including screw and washer. 

This emblem can also been seen on the back seat of the original Christine movie cars. I read somewhere that the movie crew put them on pointing upward. Originally it was pointing right. They did it as a gimmick because it looks a bit like the Star Trek logo.

I´m sure this is a nice part to perfect your Christine clone or other Forwardlook projects! Alternatively, you can wear it as a badge or hang it around your neck as a necklace.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
soiouz
Posted 2016-08-08 11:04 AM (#518592 - in reply to #488555)
Subject: RE: Forward Look emblem, method 2

Expert

Do you still have some available?
Matthew Keij
Posted 2016-08-08 12:15 PM (#518596 - in reply to #488555)
Subject: Re: Forward Look emblem, method 2

Extreme Veteran

If he still has them I can pick them up in a few weeks and ship them in 1 package with the rest if you want to wait longer!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)