The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chrome Fins Restoration
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

chrome_fins
Posted 2013-09-24 8:52 PM (#399546)
Subject: Chrome Fins Restoration

Veteran

Hey guys, If youve been in the hobby for any amount of time, you have probably discovered that it's hard to find a mopar friendly restoration shop.
I talked to the Mods a while back but never got the opportunity to type this up. I wanted to take a sec to do a little shameless self promotion. lol. For those of you who dont know me, I'm a member from the old OLD forums. Been hangin around here for more than 15 years.

Most of you who do know me, know that we've had the restoration shop for quite some time. With the economy coming back a little, We are getting more serious about growing the business again and hoping to be back to doing restorations full time (rather than as a side business) in the next year or two.

I'll work on any make, any model older than mid 70s... but my heart lies with Mopar. I am a full range shop. Can handle absolutely anything that you might need done with unbeatable standards of quality and craftsmanship...which is why I am in busines for myself and not a quick turn-around production shop. If we can ever help any of you guys with anything, please feel free to give me a shout. I'd love to have a forward looker in the shop! I WILL GIVE A 15% DISCOUNT TO FORWARDLOOK.NET MEMBERS. We serve international customers, too.

I dont have a website up just yet, but I do have a facebook set up for the shop. Check it out for some previous build pics (more to come), and "LIKE" the page while youre there.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chrome-Fins-Restoration/3364189164783...

any make/model, any genre/style. OEM, Kustom, restomod, etc.
metal fab, mechanical, electrical, paint, body, upholstery, audio/video, etc etc.

Thank you guys for taking a second to read this; and I hope to hear from you guys sometime!

Brandon Prewett
Chrome Fins Restoration
Tulsa, Ok
918-521-2889

Edited by chrome_fins 2013-09-24 9:04 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
StillOutThere
Posted 2013-09-24 9:32 PM (#399553 - in reply to #399546)
Subject: Re: Chrome Fins Restoration

What is your standard shop rate? Best of luck with your shop. What shape was the Auburn when it came in?
chrome_fins
Posted 2013-09-24 10:55 PM (#399566 - in reply to #399546)

Veteran

The normal shop rate is 65/hr but for you guys it'll be 55.25/hr. I normally charge 90.hr for electrical work, but i'll actually go 70/hr for you guys...and depending on what's needing done, we may be able to negotiate a better price. Some jobs, it's more fair to price by the job rather than hourly. I'm all about the spirit of the old days, helping the hobby, and making dreams come true.
Thanks for the well wishes.

The Auburn? You're lookin' at it. We started a couple months ago with just that, a bare chassis... and someone had ground the rivets out of it to haul it in their pickup bed.. not an easy start, but will have to buy or fabricate every solitary part for it. it's a rare bird though. a 32 speedster. Luckily, I have the Auburn factory here, in broken arrow, and so I can get a lot of NOS parts locally.

Edited by chrome_fins 2013-09-24 11:07 PM
StillOutThere
Posted 2013-09-26 8:26 AM (#399782 - in reply to #399546)

So you do sheet metal forming and fabrication as well? In house or 'know' a craftsman to do that? Yes, an ideal resource in Pray's old stock having come to OK.
chrome_fins
Posted 2013-09-27 11:50 AM (#399973 - in reply to #399546)

Veteran

ahhh, sir, spoken like an Auburn owner. lol.... u know Doug?

re: ur other question, I do some sheet and heavy metal fabrication, but havent ever done anything like building a whole body or anything.
StillOutThere
Posted 2013-09-27 5:12 PM (#400049 - in reply to #399546)

Haven't had an Auburn YET (ain't dead yet either). Do have some toys that need work. Don't know Doug.
chrome_fins
Posted 2013-09-29 11:02 PM (#400482 - in reply to #400049)

Veteran

Well Wayne, this speedster will be for sale when finished. I'd love to talk to you about your projects if youre looking to have one back on the road, turning heads again.

you can email me at chrome_fins@live.com or give me a call. I'd look forward to talking with you!
chrome_fins
Posted 2015-02-02 3:13 PM (#469249 - in reply to #399546)

Veteran

Labor Rate Update for anyone who may read over the conversation above. As of October 1, 2014 we had a change in labor rate per hour. At this time, our normal rate to the general public has moved from 65/hr to 75/hr. and club member discount resides at 64/hr. Standard rate for electrical work remains at 90/hr for the public and 70/hr for you guys...and as always, depending on what's needing done, we may be able to negotiate a better price. Some jobs, it's more fair to price by the job rather than hourly. I've also been known to do some horse trading from time to time; accepting cars, etc as partial payment in trade

Labor rates are subject to change from, so please feel free to contact me to inquire as to the most current labor rates
As always, thank you for your continued interest.

Edited by chrome_fins 2015-02-02 3:14 PM
udoittwo
Posted 2015-02-04 8:04 AM (#469344 - in reply to #399546)
Subject: RE: Chrome Fins Restoration

Expert

I've got a 67 GTO that I took down to a rolling shell several years ago. It needs complete body restoration. I have all the repair panels but when I talked to local shops[outside Philly, Pa.] they are all talking $75-90 per and around $15,000 just for the body. It has been garaged apart sence. I have some money but not that kind to spend $15,000 on the body alone, so, literally this week, I just started trying to figure out weather to sell the car with all its parts or part it. Make more selling the parts than as a complete car.
Anyway, you say you do all cars. Would you do a 1967 GTO and could you put it back to drivable even if you didn't take it apart? I have an assembly manual covering down to every nut and bolt? GM is GM and it is not that different than the Impala/Belair or what ever it was you did.
I've had the car for a long time and I know it will haunt me if I have to part with it, so I am looking for ideas.
Thanks for your time and any answers,
Karl.
chrome_fins
Posted 2015-02-04 4:29 PM (#469367 - in reply to #399546)

Veteran

Hi Karl,
Yes, I could, without difficulty, restore or reassemble a car that I hadn't taken apart myself. You'd be surprised how many restoration projects come to me in boxes and bags...1/2 finished from another shop.
Gm''s are very affordable to build. If you have your panels already, then the body is mostly labor and some paint/body supplies. I'd be glad to talk with you on it. Their hourly rates at 75-90 are par for the course. This is where mine are for the general public. I offer the club discount for you guys though.

I'll send you a PM so we can chat over it.

Thanks
Brandon

Edited by chrome_fins 2015-02-04 5:06 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)