The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

56 Powerflite bushing lube question
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

Justinsane
Posted 2021-04-24 12:57 PM (#611392)
Subject: 56 Powerflite bushing lube question

I'm in the process of putting my powerflite back together. Most the shaft bushings were worn down almost through to metal. The friction disks were wore out too. Not much meat on them anymore. I had a manufacturing defect cast hole on the rear pump housing, i had to salvage another from a parts powerflite, as well as several other issues. So i ordered a master rebuild kit, bushing kit, and output roller bearing. I've been following the book in assembly but not sure what lube to put on the bushings and brass thrust washers. It says to use Lubriplate on them. I looked up lubriplate and came up with dozens of different grease and lube products. What do you guys use, is there a particular one that works best, or just a nice coat of Merc/Dex fluid on them?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
56D500boy
Posted 2021-04-24 4:28 PM (#611404 - in reply to #611392)
Subject: RE: 56 Powerflite bushing lube question

Expert 5K+

When you are dealing with 56 era Center Plane brakes, it also calls for application of "Lubriplate". I checked and I think that it was mostly white lithium grease. So I bought a tube at NAPA.

http://www.web.imperialclub.info/Repair/General/lubriplate.htm

Justinsane
Posted 2021-05-02 12:05 PM (#611638 - in reply to #611392)
Subject: Re: 56 Powerflite bushing lube question

56D500boy thanks for the reply. It's very interesting. I've got some white lithium grease i'll give it a spray. I'm wondering if it's for a break in time. seems the hot trans fluid will wash it out eventually. Anyways, good information. Thank you!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)