The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AAJ Swap Questions
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Brakes, Wheels and TiresMessage format

safetymike77
Posted 2004-03-24 10:52 PM (#3092)
Subject: AAJ Swap Questions

Expert

What rotors, calipers etc. are used for the AAJ swap? I would like to price out doing this swap, but I want to get some more details.
Do you have to change the master cylinder and booster for this, or can you leave them stock?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
DeSotohead
Posted 2004-03-25 10:37 AM (#3113 - in reply to #3092)
Subject: RE: AAJ Swap Questions

Board Moderator

Call Roger at AAJ brakes directly.
He will tell you what parts go into your swap, including recommendations for a master cylinder.
Key part of most swaps are the caliper mounting brackets and the spindle adaptors for the wheel bearings and seals.
These he has sold seperately in a thrifted kit, allowing you to by the large, expensive to ship parts locally to save freight, and possibly money (My parts cost just about what he was asking, so only freight cost save there).
62chrysler
Posted 2004-04-14 9:22 PM (#4148 - in reply to #3092)
Subject: RE: AAJ Swap Questions

Account Suspended (Steve Hobby Alias)

He uses rotors from a Dart or Valiant, most a and B bodies. It allows you to use the factory non-disc brake rim, no sweat with room to spare.

He gives you a collar for the inner bearing and seal that works pretty good. Suggest you warm it up before installing it to expand it and use a piece of long pipe to pop it on. (Don't forget the never seize) The calipers are from a 76 Monte Carlo as the hoses are. The master should bolt right on, depending on what car you have. The standard canister booster is no problem, but Desota is correct, I would call Roger on the master. Roger just beefed up the brackets if you haven't gotten them yet, it is now a three hole. I'll see one real soon. (Have a conversion to do)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)