The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The ban is worldwide.
Moderators: Ian, Rebels-59

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Local Regions -> United Kingdom RegionMessage format

Diesel45
Posted 2010-01-14 8:10 AM (#205266)
Subject: The ban is worldwide.

Expert

I've made several International phone calls re.. shipping cars with spares in the boot, and I'm afraid that the bad news is that the ban is indeed worldwide..
My shipper in Southampton explained that the Ports don't have the time, labour, or resources to unload and examine each individual car boot..It's far quicker to have a separate box that can be put on a conveyer belt that runs through an X-Ray machine...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rebels-59
Posted 2010-01-14 3:31 PM (#205316 - in reply to #205266)
Subject: Re: The ban is worldwide.

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Fred... Did you ask if this applies to Container Shipmaent as well.. ????????

The reason i ask is, When i imported mine I know the cantainer is removed from the Ship and sent direct to the Holding Yard, The seal is then broken and All the Cars removed and put into a warehouse where you collect.. Never from when the car is removed from cantainer until you collect is the car checked by Customs,, Believe Me- When i went to collect my 58 Dodge Texan , I was early and had to watch whilst the container was brought round and unloaded , I drove the car home after it was rolled from the container,, The customs Cleared the Complete container BEFORE it even reached the Warehouse,,
Now maybe they X-ray the Complete container somewhere Else,, But i know for a fact that No Custom Officers check Cars after they leave the container.. As it is a Holding Yard run by Locals..
I should stress All mine have docked at CHATHAM Essex..
The 59 Chrysler i sent from Houston was Stored at a Holding yard and then put into a container with others and then sealed BEFORE the container was sent to the Docks,, So i have No Idea How they can check the Trunks.. Remember they can put Upto 5 cars per 40ft Container so No-one is gonna crawl in and check...

This is the reason i keep asking IF it applies to Container Shipment, Remember some people buy a The complete space of a container and ship ALL their personal items to other countries,, Or maybe 2 cars and Bikes with Spare axles / engines ETC , And then the complete container is taken direct to the owners Home / Yard..
rivierase
Posted 2010-01-18 9:12 AM (#205684 - in reply to #205266)

Veteran

I ship cars all over the world from the US, never heard about this, but I also put only 2 cars in a 40FT container no more. I have seen and received so many pictures of car dented or detroyed when there are more then 2 cars in a 40FT.
60 dart
Posted 2010-01-18 11:49 AM (#205699 - in reply to #205266)

Expert 5K+

How do they inspect a shipment of condoms, going to the Congo . I suspect their lips may be getting tired , The reason for the new law. -----------------------------------------------------------------------later
Rebels-59
Posted 2010-02-01 4:48 PM (#207640 - in reply to #205266)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Here you Go Fred...

Note:
If your vehicle is shipped inside a container, you may keep some boxes of household/personal goods in the vehicle and the trunk of the vehicle at no extra freight cost. However, if your vehicle is being shipped by RO/RO service, then the car has to be completely empty.
56royaldodge
Posted 2010-02-01 7:22 PM (#207679 - in reply to #207640)

Account deactivated by owner's request

I BAN the user - ooh wrong thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)