The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No reverse lights ??????
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> 1955-1961 Forward Look MoPar General DiscussionMessage format

1959memphian
Posted 2010-06-21 7:51 PM (#228958)
Subject: No reverse lights ??????

I just thought I would pass on some information about not having power at your "Back Up" lights. After testing the reverse light switch on the transmission push button selector and finding that the switch was good and had power leaving it, I decided to look into the reverse light housing sockets. The little springs that are in the light sockets to provide the tension on the bulbs, were rotted where they connect to the power wire. You have to use a pick style screwdriver tool and remove the red circle that makes contact with the bottom of your light bulb to check the spring. I had removed mine and used a "pigtail" type setup. It fit perfect in the socket. JUST THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS ON SINCE IT DROVE ME CRAZY FOR QUITE SOME TIME...THANKS DAVE
Top of the page Bottom of the page
B/G 61
Posted 2010-06-22 2:30 AM (#229027 - in reply to #228958)
Subject: RE: No reverse lights ??????

Expert

Good tip - glad you found a way to fix them

My car doesn't even have back-up lights !!!!
njlimbaugh
Posted 2010-06-22 9:42 AM (#229054 - in reply to #228958)
Subject: Re: No reverse lights ??????

Extreme Veteran

Several years ago I restored a Sunbeam Alpine (which had the Pentastar on the right front fender). I couldn't get the parking lights to work as the housings were plastic and the little steel ring at the mounting hole which should have provided the ground was worn out. Finally I stuffed steel wool into the holes for the mounting screws and screwed the screws (too much screwing?) through the steel wool and into the fender. Worked like a charm!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)