The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Poll Calendar Survey
[Frozen]

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Forward Look Announcements -> Help With Using This BoardMessage format

Calendar Survey
OptionResults
I find the Schedule of Events very useful - please keep it!5 Votes - [22.73%]
I do NOT use the Schedule of Events - replace it with anything.15 Votes - [68.18%]
I do NOT use the Schedule of Events - but please don't put in ads!2 Votes - [9.09%]

Administrator
Posted 2005-01-01 1:13 PM (#20358)
Subject: Calendar Survey

Elite Veteran

In order to have the calendar ready earlier in the year (like around July), it may be necessary to replace the "Schedule of Events" with another item, such as sponsor advertisements.  How do you feel about this?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
hurst300@arkansas.ne
Posted 2005-01-01 2:35 PM (#20367 - in reply to #20358)
Subject: RE: Calendar Survey

there didn't seem to be a way to vote on the main page, at least no workable button or link. So, here's my vote:
The Calendars are great as is! No changes are nessasary The late date is workable, and this vendor seems to have it "right on".

Ray Jones
p.s.: Thanks for the 300 Club Intl Meet listings!
Posted 2005-01-01 8:57 PM (#20394 - in reply to #20358)

I appreciate the need to get money up front, and Dave, you should not have to front a penny. But, I'd rather see a fund drive of sorts, starting early in the year. I think the Schedule of Events is great and I'd hate to see it replaced. But, if something has to give, I'd rather lose "In the Spotlight", see the date blocks reduced in size, and the bottom 1 1/4" used for banner ads.
Administrator
Posted 2005-01-01 9:54 PM (#20405 - in reply to #20394)

Elite Veteran

The problem with the schedule of events is mainly that I get a lot of them from the Hemmings calendar, which doesn't come out until about October.  I scavenge other events from a variety of sources, but even large Mopar clubs like Chrysler 300 / Desoto / WPC etc don't even have set dates for the next year's events until at least October, and some still don't have the dates firmly set yet.

Without the schedule of events, I could actually make calendars for the next ten years right now.  If we leave it, it pushes the completion date until late in the year, and that makes any kind of sales through other sources very hard to forecast and/or plan for.

-Dave

mtnmopar
Posted 2005-01-01 10:47 PM (#20414 - in reply to #20358)

The claendar is great and this year is the best yet. If the ads were well done the money would be a help.

Dave
mtnmopar
Posted 2005-01-01 10:48 PM (#20415 - in reply to #20358)

The calendar is great and this year is the best yet. If the ads were well done the money would be a help.

Dave
Dave & Tracy
Posted 2005-01-02 10:45 AM (#20437 - in reply to #20358)

Regular

I think that the events could used in conjunction with sponsors. Are there not trade stalls at events ?.
Dave.
Jim Wilson
Posted 2005-01-02 7:06 PM (#20457 - in reply to #20358)

The events are nice4 but Dave has to come up with all the front money and if removing them helps him out then that is
my vote
Jim
59savoy
Posted 2005-01-07 11:00 PM (#20947 - in reply to #20358)

Expert

love my new calendar.... my first!

the one thing i would ask is, can you use larger fonts for the dates? it's sitting next to my old calendar from napa, and i can't read the dates from my desk without getting up and moving across the room.

i must admit, the schedule of events won't mean much to me, as i will most likely be unable to attend. i still enjoy reading it, but as a business proposition i understand the limitations.

so do whatever you're comfortable with!! my main concern is, i love this website, and want to see it continue on indefinitely!
60dodgedart
Posted 2005-01-10 10:10 AM (#21203 - in reply to #20358)

Veteran

Loved the new calendar. I get Hemmings and Old Cars and a bunch of other mags,
so if the shows have to go--so be it--understand you need the ads to make it cost-effective.
Like the little pics of cars that didn't make the big spread, please keep! Beth.
bigfinmopar
Posted 2005-03-01 9:22 AM (#25446 - in reply to #20358)

Regular

I agree, the calender is awesome! I myself don`t mind looking at the different vendors as I seem to always be looking for something. Some things can be rather hard to find. Who knows,there may be a source for what you may be looking for hanging right on the calender! For me,one of the most entertaing parts of a car show is the vendors it attracts. I will buy my next Forward look calender however you print it! Just keep `em comming.Mike....1960 Phoenix. It`s snowing like a mad dog up here in northern michigan,In like a lion/out like a lamn??
butwincars
Posted 2005-04-26 10:01 PM (#29506 - in reply to #20358)

No mention on the calendar of the N.C.P.C National meet in Scranton,Pa. July 14-17,2005.
They are celebrating the Golden Anniversary of Virgil Exner's Forward Look.
MorePar
Posted 2005-05-11 1:03 AM (#30256 - in reply to #20358)

Howdy Dave,

Just put the events calender on the Forward Look home page! I look there more than at the printed calender! Or it coulod be a group folks could subscribe to so that each time a new event is added they are notified automatically!

Thanks for Forward Look. There is none other like it!

Slim
W. Miller
Posted 2005-12-01 11:34 PM (#44799 - in reply to #20358)

Have been checking the site to see if there will be a 2006 calendar, have the 05 model, but it will soon go into the picture file. I assume there isn't going to be one. Sorry about that, I like the format. If dropping the events and adding a small Mopar related ad would keep the p

roject going I could live with that .

abmiller@ruraltel.net
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)