The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My 1960 Chrysler Windsor Original Survivor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look NON-Technical Discussions -> Members RidesMessage format

Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-11 3:03 PM (#21329)
Subject: My 1960 Chrysler Windsor Original Survivor

Elite Veteran

Hi everyone.

Bryan here, and wanted to put a couple pics up here of my 1960 Chrysler Windsor. Her name is "Pearl" and she currently has less than 23,000 miles on her odometer. She's all completely factory original except for the spark plug wires, and the radiator core.
Would love to hear from more 1960 Chrysler owners! Also have recently purchased a 1959 Chrysler New Yorker loaded with factory options for the year. It's a very original 80K mile car from San Antonio.
email address is The60Whitewalls@aol.com
Thanks!
Bryan O'Quinn
Durham, NC

(60ChrySideL_1.jpg)

(60ChryEngine_1.jpg)

(60ChryRear_1.jpg)

(60ChrySpeedo_1.jpg)

(Copy of 60ChryInt_1.jpg)

(ImogeneComesHome 022.jpg)

(ImogeneComesHome 005.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 60ChrySideL_1.jpg (47KB - 785 downloads)
Attachments 60ChryEngine_1.jpg (89KB - 358 downloads)
Attachments 60ChryRear_1.jpg (49KB - 359 downloads)
Attachments 60ChrySpeedo_1.jpg (49KB - 331 downloads)
Attachments Copy of 60ChryInt_1.jpg (90KB - 1868 downloads)
Attachments ImogeneComesHome 022.jpg (69KB - 343 downloads)
Attachments ImogeneComesHome 005.jpg (51KB - 346 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
4wardlook
Posted 2005-01-11 3:14 PM (#21331 - in reply to #21329)
Subject: RE: My 1960 Chrysler Windsor Original Survivor

Veteran

Welcome Bryan, very nice car!!
60 dart
Posted 2005-01-11 3:32 PM (#21333 - in reply to #21329)

Expert 5K+

WELCOME BRYAN------if you have more photos-keep sendin em------that's one good lookin ride--------------------later

Edited by 60 dart 2005-01-11 3:37 PM
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-11 3:48 PM (#21335 - in reply to #21331)

Elite Veteran

Thanks guys for the warm welcome!:-)

I'll keep pics coming. Pearl (the 60) is a wonderful auto to own and drive! She loves the highway!

I've owned one of my two 1960 Chrysler Windsors since way back in 1987. She still purrs like a kitten, but is in need of cosmetic restoration now. I was looking for parts for her when I found the beautiful Survivor which I have named Pearl.
The 59 New Yorker that I recently brought back from San Antonio is going to be a wonderful car as well. It runs like a top, needing only cosmetic resto at this point. A very solid original 80K mile car.
Oh, I was wondering if any other 1959 Chrysler owners had DUAL AC in their cars... The one I just purchased has dual AC front and rear, with a large twin blower unit in the trunk just behind the back of the back seat.
The car also has power windows, power steering and brakes, remote driver AND passenger outer mirrors, Auto Pilot, and factory tinted windows all around. I can't find another dual air 59 Chrysler owner to correspond with at the moment.
Once again, thanks for the warm welcome!
I'll keep pics coming as I can.
Bryan

Dave L.
Posted 2005-01-11 4:41 PM (#21347 - in reply to #21329)

Extreme Veteran

That's a heck of a beautiful car, Bryan!!! You asked, so I'm checking in...I'm also the owner of a 60 Windsor, but my is a 6-pass wagon that was converted by Richard Brothers (who had a deal going with Chrysler) into a combination ambulance. Unlike yours, mine has to be gone through 100%, starting with the stuck 383. But you have given me fresh inspiration! Welcome to the club!
58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2005-01-11 8:02 PM (#21359 - in reply to #21329)

Expert

Both the 1959 and the 1960 Chrysler are beautiful cars. You're very lucky to have found them in such wonderful condition. What's even more unique, at least to me, is they haven't apparently suffered spring sag. The rear of both cars stands erect just at the correct riding height. My 1958 DeSoto Firesweep suffers from sagging springs; maybe I'll be motivated enough from looking at your cars to take mine in to the frame shop and have some new springs put in this Spring.

If you don't mind my asking, where did you find such a low mileage '60 Chrysler? Estate sale or some little old lady went into the home and her kids were selling off her car or something?

savoyboy
Posted 2005-01-11 9:36 PM (#21369 - in reply to #21329)

Extreme Veteran

That is so beautiful! And I'll bet that it has a nice interior smell to it, especially being that well preserved! The 60 Chrysler had so many wonderful styling touches, such as the canted fins with boomerang taillights, clean, bold ,yet simple grille design, and of couse, the ultra-futuristic astra-dome dash! They also had wonderful, abstract upholstery patterns, and your car shows that off well. Nice car! Wish I could see it in person!
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-11 10:48 PM (#21382 - in reply to #21359)

Elite Veteran

Hi, you are correct about the absence of spring sag. All my girls are just fine. The 59 actually sits on air shocks in the rear that the previous owner had installed. Right now, there's a bit too much pressure in them, and it sits kinda high.
You have a beautiful car as well, the 58 is a marvelous year indeed. The longer that I own Exner fins (18 years now), the more I love them, and can further appreciate other Exner styles veering from my original love of the Chrysler line alone.
Fix that rear end :-) Ride high and proud, as those fins were meant to be :-)

In doing a little digging on Exner, I've found a few great quotes from him...
When asked asked why he put fins on autos, his reply was "Until someone shows me something better, I'll keep using fins"
After his firing, he was asked what he thought of the newly styled 62 models without his mighty fins... His reply was simply "It looks like a plucked chicken" LOL

Here's the story of the car up to the point where I came into the picture...

On January 21, 1960, a 64 year-old couple from York, Pennsylvania, Emory and Lillie Landis, ordered their last automobile, a ‘retirement car’ so-to-say.
Two days later, on Saturday, January 23, they took delivery of the car.
Two months after the purchase, Emory passed away due to heart complications. Lillie never drove, so her daughter, Helen Beaverson, would drive her in the Windsor when she had errands to run. The family took many vacations, traveling across the country several times, but always took “the other car with air conditioning”. As a child, Lillie’s grand-daughter, Mary, called the car “The Beast” due to its large size, and the Golden Lion on the front grille.
Lillie parked the car in the garage in 1976, after inspection, oil change, tune-up, and new tires. The car did not move again until Lillie’s grand-daughter drove it “a couple of times in high school”.
In 1981, upon the death of Lillie Landis, the car was passed on to her daughter and son-in-law, Helen and Kenneth Beaverson. At this point, the Beaversons closed down Lillie’s house…with the Windsor still parked in the garage.
From 1981 until 1999, the car sat undisturbed under a thick layer of dust.
In 1999, both Helen and Kenneth Beaverson passed away within the same week. The car then passed to their daughter, Mary Matthews. Not wanting to deal with the recent memories of her parent’s passing, she asked her husband, Kenneth, to act as executor of the estate, as well as power of attorney.
The car was then advertised for sale. In October,1999 Brian Kauffman, of Kauffman’s Autorama in York, PA, purchased the car from the estate. Kauffman’s rebuilt the wheel cylinders using original replacement parts, put a new set of tires on the car (matching the original spare tire, still in the trunk…with the matching factory markings still on the tire and rim), and then washed and waxed the car. He then took the car to a car show in Hershey, Pennsylvania and offered the car for sale. Ragtops Motors of Palm Beach, Florida purchased the car at the show.
From Ragtops, the car was purchased by the Adrian family of Lake Mary, Florida in December, 1999. The car was special to the Adrian family, as Mark Adrian was driving a 1960 Chrysler Windsor at the time he and his wife began dating. The car sparked a love of the classics, and Mark began a collection of classic autos. In 2003, Mr. Adrian passed away, and I purchased the car from his wife, Marla Adrian.

Edited by Bryan1960Windsor 2005-01-11 10:53 PM
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-11 11:03 PM (#21387 - in reply to #21369)

Elite Veteran

Ah, the interior... that's one of Pearl's best features. The only flaws that I can find are four...
1) one small crack beginning on the padded dash just behind the rear view mirror
2) seam is separating on the drivers seat in an area about 2" in length where thread is pulled
3) one spot of wear on rear carpet on the side where the original owner would ride with her high heels
4) small amount of moisture staining of headliner on either side of rear window

None of these flaws I intend on fixing as they are now a part of this cars history. You speak of the smell of the interior... it is simply great. It smells new, but 45 years old new, make sense? In fact, I knew it was a factory original when I first sat in the car, simply from the smell.
I've owned several incredibly low mileage Mopars in the past 19 years, starting with my Great-great uncles 1959 Plymouth Belvedere which was my first car. That one was all original as well with only 36,000 miles on her when I sold it after owning it for 10 years.
The second great survivor I acquired was my first 1960 Windsor that I still own. It was a 26,178 mile original when I purchased it. BUT, that car had never seen a garage or a carport. The interior was already starting to dryrot and fade. There was already a fair amount of water staining on the headliner. At such a young age, I had no idea of what a great car I had just purchased, simply that it had the "coolest fins that I'd ever laid my eyes on"... the rest is history, it sparked my love for Exner.
His styling came to such a climax in the 1960 year. It is a shame that so many cars lost their engines to racing enthusiasts, and so many were stripped of their fins to make customs "cooler".
You'll see Pearl around the country from time to time, probably near or in Ohio.
Sorry guys for the longwindedness, but Exner fins... what a better topic LOL
Till later,
Have a great one everyone!
-Bryan

(60ChryInt_1.jpg)

(Pearl back seat.jpg)

(Pearl interior pass side.jpg)

(Pearl jack instructions.jpg)

(Pearl's ornament.jpg)

(Pearl last regis. PA 1976.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 60ChryInt_1.jpg (90KB - 414 downloads)
Attachments Pearl back seat.jpg (67KB - 343 downloads)
Attachments Pearl interior pass side.jpg (67KB - 470 downloads)
Attachments Pearl jack instructions.jpg (59KB - 325 downloads)
Attachments Pearl's ornament.jpg (66KB - 330 downloads)
Attachments Pearl last regis. PA 1976.jpg (62KB - 355 downloads)
RoyalGate
Posted 2005-01-12 2:06 AM (#21403 - in reply to #21329)

Expert

Bryan,
I keep looking at the pictures of "Pearl", over and over, and shaking my head in disbelief. It look as though it came out of a time capsule. It takes me back to the "good ol' days" when I was a kid and life was SO much simpler. Thanks for sharing.
Kenny J.
Posted 2005-01-12 2:51 AM (#21406 - in reply to #21387)

Inactive by user's request

Welcome, Bryan. What a piece of history you have! A true survivor. Cars like this are the bench mark for the rest of us who resurrect worn out road warriors and grocery getters. A beautiful slice of a bygone era. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!

K.
savoyboy
Posted 2005-01-12 3:57 PM (#21438 - in reply to #21329)

Extreme Veteran

Well I live in Ohio so if you're gonna be here let me know, will ya? I'd love to see that car in person. And yes I know EXACTLY what you mean by new "old" car smell. It's quite rare now!
shawns57dodge
Posted 2005-01-12 4:04 PM (#21439 - in reply to #21438)

Regular

Hi Bryan-
Welcome to the "group" and I have to say - what a beautiful car! Incredible! Congratulations!
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-12 4:17 PM (#21440 - in reply to #21438)

Elite Veteran

Thanks, will let all know this year as Pearl travels for showing and displays :-)
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-12 4:20 PM (#21441 - in reply to #21439)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Shawns57,

you, as well, have an awesome car being a 57! The height of the beginning of the greatest fins Exner ever designed!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!

Is so nice to correspond with folks that appreciate these great finned wonders... for so long, cars held so little "value" if they weren't an old corvette or a 57 Ch**y! LOL

When I bought my first Windsor back in 1987, I got her for $600.00 ! I was the ONLY person that had stopped to look at the car on the little old country carlot in Reidsville, NC
DeSotodude61
Posted 2005-01-12 4:48 PM (#21443 - in reply to #21441)

Extreme Veteran

darnaber!
Boy, it almost hurts to look at, it's so incredible. You're a lucky sucker, I'll tell you what. I can only imagine what an amazing feeling it must be to unleash the golden lions under the hood. Are those original biasply tires and everything? Unbelievable.
I want one!!!!
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-12 6:15 PM (#21459 - in reply to #21443)

Elite Veteran

Well, the spare in the trunk in the pics is the factory original spare...down to the greasepen number markings matching the tire to the rim.
The tires presently on the car were installed in 1999 and match the spare exactly. (except for the absence of serial numbers on the new tire)
You are right about those Golden Lions... it is something to hear them roar, even though the car only has a two barrel carb. The car loves the highway, and has a fondness for cruising about 70 mph.

Regretably, I'm not wanting to put more mileage on the car, but as old Chryslers go, they hate to sit for periods of time, especially the braking system. The wheel cylinders will start leaking in a second on you if you don't get the cars out regularly. This problem is one that I'm faced with right now. And, as brake fluid drains slowly out of the master cylinder, the brake lights stop working. (and anyone with the bellows-type vacuum assist unit knows what a joy it is to fill the master cylinder with fluid under this unit) LOL I'm just going to have to her her out and about on a weekly basis to get an icecream or something.

Original Unmolested Survivors... They're only original once.

Anyone tried looking for ANYthing related to auto PRESERVATION on the web? Thousands of websites can be found on the restoration of autos, but sometime, try finding something about actual preservation of an auto...
This is my hardest venture... preserving the car in it's present state. As much fun as it is to have and drive this car, it is equally scary to drive...With originality such an issue with this car, it's a constant thought of highway sideswipes, rocks through the windshield, cell-phone talking folks rear-ending me... the list goes on and on... But, the pleasure of such a drive usually outweighs the concern :-)

Till later, signing off LOL
Bryan

(60ChryTrunk_1.jpg)

(60ChryTrunkInt_1.jpg)

(Pearl trunk siding.jpg)

(Pearl Window Sticker.jpg)

(Pearl at home resize.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 60ChryTrunk_1.jpg (63KB - 369 downloads)
Attachments 60ChryTrunkInt_1.jpg (57KB - 310 downloads)
Attachments Pearl trunk siding.jpg (50KB - 341 downloads)
Attachments Pearl Window Sticker.jpg (81KB - 424 downloads)
Attachments Pearl at home resize.jpg (40KB - 388 downloads)
Gidman
Posted 2005-01-13 10:06 PM (#21570 - in reply to #21329)

Extreme Veteran

Thanks for sharing your great stories, pictures and passion for this car. It is such a wonder to see this as the original, I can't stop staring at it!
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-14 1:16 PM (#21630 - in reply to #21570)

Elite Veteran

Thanks Gidman, I appreciate the good words...

Pearl will be traveling to Chryslers at Carlisle this year for the first time. Also, there is a chance that she will receive an invitation to the Concourse de Elegance at Cranbrook this year. They are considering focusing on Original Survivors this year for the show. Everyone keep your fingers crossed :-)

-Bryan

60dodgedart
Posted 2005-01-18 5:32 PM (#21933 - in reply to #21329)

Veteran

Dear Bryan: It is so rare to see--such preservation-- I have a 60 Dart Pioneer 2 door hardtop slowly getting work done on (Beth's dart)-- Pearl is wonderful!-- I love the color, it is amazing to see that shade not faded --its "spray", isn't it? I live a mile away from a river,
and I don't think a car even as perfect as Pearl would last more than a couple of years in such condition ungaraged-- the garage Pearl was in must have had no moisture in it! Thank you for sharing her! There is so much information about FL vehicles here, and wonderful people
on this site!Welcome! Beth.
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-18 8:27 PM (#21945 - in reply to #21933)

Elite Veteran

Hi Beth, and thank you for such kind words. You are correct, the Original Survivors are becoming rarer to find with each passing year. They still come out of garages after years of storage, but with each passing year, they continue to degrade in storage.
Pearl's color is SeaSpray body / Alaskan White top, with Turquoise vinyl and cloth interior.
Pearl lived in York, PA from 1960 to 1999. I've spoken to the original owner's granddaughter, and it was confirmed that the garage was a heated street level entry garage on the ground floor of the home. You've read the story earlier in these postings of how Pearl came to be, so you know that she almost totally undisturbed for 23 years in that garage, protected from sunlight and UV exposure, away from freezing temperatures, and most importantly with a 1960 Chrysler, away from all rain and moisture. The worst thing against her was simply not being driven. She was parked in 1976 with fresh oil and fluids in the engine, and I'm sure that helped the situation.
Many, many factors came together gracefully to allow Pearl to remain as she is today.
In the short time in her early life that she was in use, the little amount of rain that she was driven in still facilitated moisture seeping in around the rear window seal and left slight moisture staining on the headliner. At this point, I wouldn't think of replacing the headliner, as it still retains great structural integrity, and does not appear in any way to have suffered any dry rot.
The original owner's wife, Lilly Landis never had a driver's license, and always rode in the car on the left side in the rear. Since the car did not have rear floor mats, her high heels dug into the carpet a bit on that side. This too, I would never replace. The rest of the carpet is in great condition, and these places showing wear simply quietly document the car further as the Survivor that she is.
Again, thanks for writing. The 60 Dart Pioneer is a great car as well~!
Take care all...
Bryan

58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2005-01-19 7:09 AM (#21988 - in reply to #21329)

Expert

That's an amazing story about your car. Of course it's tragic that the guy who ordered it died two months after taking delivery, but it led to the preservation of the car. Through a combination of circumstances it came down to you and I hope you keep it looking barn fresh for many years to come. What about that 59 Chrysler? How about some more pics of that one? What kind of engine/drivetrain does that have and is the interior as nice as the '60 Windsor's?
FinFan
Posted 2005-01-19 1:37 PM (#22007 - in reply to #21329)

Elite Veteran

I have taken closer look at that green windows sticker of Pearl's. It mentions the equipment installed at no extra cost, there are also directional signals mentioned...it was so uncommon in 1960 to have directional signals ? :-)
58 DESOTOS RULE
Posted 2005-01-19 1:53 PM (#22008 - in reply to #21329)

Expert

By 1960 even the lowly F*o*r*d*s and Ch**ys had directional turn signals. I find it more interesting that the marketing branch of Chrysler found it worthwhile to trumpet that the new 1960 Chrysler had an oil filter (full flow) installed on the engine ... At No Extra Cost! Boy, they were really grasping at straws then weren't they? And check out what the manufacturer charged for filling the cooling system? $5.90 of Eisenhower dollars for antifreeze! Wow! I'll bet there was even a charge for the gas the factory put into the tank so that they could move the car off the line.;)
dean j.
Posted 2005-01-19 5:14 PM (#22022 - in reply to #21329)

Extreme Veteran

my hooo my..dont know how i missed this one,thats sure a stonking car you got yerself there for sure,,that seat trim is brill,
thanks for sharing such nice picture's with us,,dean j.uk.
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-19 10:47 PM (#22052 - in reply to #21988)

Elite Veteran

Hiya 58 Desoto,
true, it is a sad story, but, i find my self very lucky to have stumbled across her while looking for parts for my other 60 Windsor...
I am doing my best at preservation, there's not much info on actual preservation, so i learn alot from other longer term Survivor owners that I find and contact, and learn much through constant research.
The interior of the 59 New Yorker is not quite as pretty as the fabric patterns in Pearl. Right now, it has basic looking two-tone vinyl. Don't think it's factory.
There's lots of photos of both cars in the "ALBUM" seciton of this website... almost at the bottom of the page, on the left hand side.
Let me know if anyone wants / needs photos of anything in particular, I'll be happy to post for all.
The 59 NYer has the 413 RB with a 4 bbl carb. Torqueflite three speed auto as well.
OH... UPDATE !!! I have recently located a second 1959 New Yorker that is also equiped with the factory Dual Air Temp system!!
More later,
Take care all,
Bryan
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2005-01-19 10:52 PM (#22054 - in reply to #22022)

Elite Veteran

Dean J~!
I have to say that I've seen some fine examples of American autos photo'd from Europe. On one hand, I jokingly want to say "curse ya'll for taking our cars away" LOL, but in the same time, I am in awe of what love and respect Iv'e seen European Fin Owners give to their cars.

Keep the Fins flying over there!!!
wizard
Posted 2008-10-05 4:42 AM (#146948 - in reply to #21329)
Subject: Re: My 1960 Chrysler Windsor Original Survivor

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

I just found this old thread and I was really amazed by the fantastic OEM state of this car - I will download all the pictures for reference use! Real nice of you to share all those pictures and the Window Sticker as well.
suburban61
Posted 2008-10-05 6:25 AM (#146953 - in reply to #21329)

Expert

far out! pearl is just beautiful! cant believe it, looks like she's just rolled out the factory... gorgeous colour and the seats are devine! is that the original spare in the trunk? adriana
Resurrector
Posted 2008-10-06 9:32 AM (#147061 - in reply to #21329)

That is one interesting, beautiful car. Welcome. She's a sweetheart.
Rebels-59
Posted 2008-10-06 10:44 AM (#147062 - in reply to #21329)

Not sure if it is the Same Car, BUT, in Early 2007 there was a member on here Selling a Car called Pearl, And i believe it was also a 60 Chrysler which was Extremely Clean... It may of been Bryan,s.. Maybe he will see this thread Re-freshed and can Comment...........................
imopar380
Posted 2008-10-06 12:08 PM (#147066 - in reply to #21329)

Expert 5K+

Bryan sold this car a year or more ago. This is a very old thread, if you notice the date, Bryan posted it in 2005, when he first got the car . It has changed owners again since Bryan sold it.

wizard
Posted 2008-10-06 12:49 PM (#147069 - in reply to #147066)

I bumped this thread Ian, just because I found it real deep in Members Ride and thought it was worth showing again.
Strange that he sold that stunning car - he seemed so happy for it.
big m
Posted 2008-10-06 1:02 PM (#147074 - in reply to #21329)

Expert 5K+

Bryan had told me that the reason for selling Pearl was that he was moving across the country, and wouldn't have an indoor storage place to keep the car. ---John
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2008-12-02 4:20 PM (#154104 - in reply to #146948)

Elite Veteran

Wizard, thanks for the good words :-) Pearl was simply Divine... I've owned 1960 Chrysler Windsors for more than 20 years now, and she was absolutely the finest original that I have ever seen. It pained me deeply to sell her, but I did so out of respect for the car... I was moving to a coastal town in California, and was losing climate storage for when I moved from north carolina.

There's a photo album here under "bryan1960windsor" if you want to see more pics of her... I used her as reference for many, many folks working on their '60 Windsors.

If any other pics are wanted/needed, just let me know, I'll happily send.

for now, fins to the wind!
bryan
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2008-12-02 4:23 PM (#154106 - in reply to #146953)

Elite Veteran

Adriana, Sounds like you share my passion for the car!! :-) She was / is indeed an ultra-fine original.

The seats and interior were immaculate, with the exception of some water staining around the back glass where moisture (very typical) seeped in around the seal

Yes, that is indeed the factory spare tire in the trunk... serial numbers intact, and also the original grease pen markings from the factory that match tire to rim... the tire had never been on the ground.

more soon,
Bryan
mangodart
Posted 2008-12-03 10:59 AM (#154175 - in reply to #21329)

Regular

What a beautiful car !!! Incredible to find one in this shape with so few miles. You're a lucky boy !!!!
d500neil
Posted 2008-12-03 4:24 PM (#154204 - in reply to #21329)

Exner Expert 19,174 posts. Neil passed away 18 Sep 2015. You will be missed, Neil!

So, what happened to your 59 NY'er, Bryan?

There should be another message board (sponsored by the Moderators!!) entitled :"Golden Oldies" threads;
or " Hall of Fame (Fins?) ", where they post worthwhile threads, with photos, for immediate review .

Now, how they would decide which threads get 'stickied' there, I dunno, but there are a lot of informational/
inspirational threads which ought to be readily available, to researchers or general-readers of the Forwardlook
genre.

Edited by d500neil 2008-12-03 4:25 PM
Bryan1960Windsor
Posted 2008-12-04 1:58 AM (#154286 - in reply to #154204)

Elite Veteran

Ahhh... the 59 NYer... Imogene was her name. Well, brought her out here to Santa Barbara with me along with my 59 Canadian Windsor... Long story short, ended up needing to sell the NYer rather than have her sit. Put her on ebay, bid up nice, but didn't hit reserve. After auction ended, about a week later, was contacted by a guy who ended up being the financial advisor for His Highness Sheikh Nasser al-Mohammad al-Sabah, Prime Minister of Kuwait.
That 59 NYer is currently in a collection of 'reportedly' more than 300 automobiles, most of them highly optioned Chryslers and Imperials. Hopefully by now she's fully restored to her original glory, however she might have gold plated door handles :-)
Whodathunk... I honestly thought it was all a scam till the paperwork came through the fax, and the money showed up via wire.

I agree about an archive spot for worthwhile threads long past... I've wondered about such in the past, but thought the idea might get shot down due to the searchability of the site...
FinFan
Posted 2008-12-04 4:16 AM (#154297 - in reply to #21329)

Elite Veteran

Oh,then Imogene will now receive warm climate and all the funds she'll need. Hope that they won't shave off the fins as it was done on one Imperial from that region if I remember right.
oman99
Posted 2010-08-24 2:18 PM (#238184 - in reply to #21329)

New User

Hi all, my father has a 1960 Chrysler Windsor out in his backyard that unfortunately has been slowly decaying away. He was thinking of selling it but has no clue what it's worth and neither do I. It's a white 4-door with a 383 Golden Lion engine. The engine is in good condition but it hasn't ran in about 12 years. It's a beautiful car and for a while I was thinking of fixing it up myself, but with the economy the way it is and living in a condo downtown I really have no place to work on it. I don't have any photos of it now since it's a few hours away from me in Price, Utah but I intend to take a few pictures of it soon. I did find a link with photos of a car similar to it but our car has a lot less rust than the one in the link.

Here's the link to a similar car: http://www.timjan.com/nor-cal/wind60/more.htm
It's original condition would have looked like this: http://photos.cokertire.com/showphoto.php/photo/56/size/big/date/12...

Right now I'm just trying to figure out a fair price and what it's worth. If anyone has any thoughts about pricing or recommendations on where I could possibly sell it please let me know. Thanks for your time!
mogge65
Posted 2010-08-24 9:28 PM (#238261 - in reply to #154286)

Expert

Bryan1960Windsor - 2008-12-04 7:58 AM

Ahhh... the 59 NYer... Imogene was her name. Well, brought her out here to Santa Barbara with me along with my 59 Canadian Windsor... Long story short, ended up needing to sell the NYer rather than have her sit. Put her on ebay, bid up nice, but didn't hit reserve. After auction ended, about a week later, was contacted by a guy who ended up being the financial advisor for His Highness Sheikh Nasser al-Mohammad al-Sabah, Prime Minister of Kuwait.
That 59 NYer is currently in a collection of 'reportedly' more than 300 automobiles, most of them highly optioned Chryslers and Imperials. Hopefully by now she's fully restored to her original glory, however she might have gold plated door handles :-)
Whodathunk... I honestly thought it was all a scam till the paperwork came through the fax, and the money showed up via wire.

I agree about an archive spot for worthwhile threads long past... I've wondered about such in the past, but thought the idea might get shot down due to the searchability of the site...

www.kuwaitconcours.com/home.html

Edited by mogge65 2010-08-24 9:30 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)