The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative to Ceramic Filter for Carter-type glass filter bowls
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Engine, Exhaust, Fuel and IgnitionMessage format

56D500boy
Posted 2019-04-25 4:50 PM (#581357)
Subject: Alternative to Ceramic Filter for Carter-type glass filter bowls

Expert

Since I have had my car running (Nov. 2016), I have been running two Fram plastic housing/paper element fuel filters. I have the OE fuel line and the gas bowl stuff for the carb but I wanted to make sure that the fuel line was clean before I installed the glass bowl and ceramic filter back on the carb. That was likely going to happen soon (next weeks/months). HOWEVER, I met a new guy (to me) (Del S.) on the weekend who has a 56 Dodge with a 315 poly. He put me onto a paper element filter that will replace the ceramic filter element in the Carter glass bowl.

The filter is made/sold by Sierra Marine. The Model number is 18-7784. It comes with new gaskets and a spring. I bought two (one to install and one to have on hand) from a local Marine outfitter (about 15 minutes from me - Wolff Marine - wonderful shop full of all sorts of treasures for other project). Cost me CDN $12.99 each (plus taxes). Cheaper than eBay for me.

Here is some info if you are interested.

(Thanks Del for the lead)

(FuelFilterOptions.jpg)

(Sierra18-7784FuelFilterCeramicAlternative.jpg)

(Sierra18-7784FuelFilterCeramicAlternative_OpenPackage.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments FuelFilterOptions.jpg (72KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments Sierra18-7784FuelFilterCeramicAlternative.jpg (113KB - 14 downloads)
Attachments Sierra18-7784FuelFilterCeramicAlternative_OpenPackage.jpg (158KB - 15 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)