The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Alternative Horn contact Chrysler 1961
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> Electrical, Battery and ChargingMessage format

Zorc
Posted 2023-04-15 4:26 AM (#628920)
Subject: Alternative Horn contact Chrysler 1961

Regular

Hi,
When I bought my NY the horn contact ( brass roller ) was not present, there was an extra button for the horn mounted on the dash. Not acceptable. At least in Germany, such a roller contact is not available. I have found a horn contact from a Mercedes Benz steering wheel . Part number A1264641043 , price about 10$ . This is a graphite contact with a spring inside and it should do exactly the same as in the Chrysler - only directly on the slip ring of the steering wheel. At the end is a metal pin to which I soldered a cable. Fixed with glue. I found in my scrap a matching aluminum sleeve , which on the one hand fits exactly into the receptacle of the Chrysler. But in the diameter inside it could also take the Mercedes contact. Probably also fits a piece of the ballpoint pen or similar. Fixed with glue. That all mounted and connected like the original roller. It works perfectly.
I think this is a good and cheap solution if you can not get the original spare part.
Roger

Edited by Zorc 2023-04-15 4:28 AM

(kontakt1.jpg)

(kontakt2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments kontakt1.jpg (78KB - 58 downloads)
Attachments kontakt2.jpg (36KB - 58 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)