The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1961 Chrysler Windsor
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forward Look Technical Discussions -> General Technical Discussion and TroubleshootingMessage format

Arocket111
Posted 2023-11-06 4:00 AM (#632616)
Subject: 1961 Chrysler Windsor

Regular

Hi I have a 1961 Chrysler Windsor with air con option The air con cooler and pipe work is mostly removed so will not be running air con however I need to get the heating and windscreen blower operational I assume this system is totally seperate from the air con and controlled by the sliding lever and buttons in the centre of the dashboard, so any info on this system and how it works would be appreciated so I can work to get the heating operational
Blower motor location and how to get to it ,heater controls info ,is there a thermostatic valve like was on my 55 dodge coronet if so location etc.
Any help appreciated
Thanks Phil
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Zorc
Posted 2023-11-06 8:14 AM (#632617 - in reply to #632616)
Subject: Re: 1961 Chrysler Windsor

Regular

Hi Phil,
the blower and heater options should work without a/c.
The sliding lever open/close a valve for engine cooling water to the heater on the box under the hood.
This valve is often damaged oder leaking. For this reason some owner remove the water hoses.
This should be a first aid : https://chrysler300club.com/how/hvalve/hv.html
The box and hose connections are a bit different between aircon or not but this is shown in the link.
Another - maybe bigger problem - is the push button operated heater switch. The switches are not operated by current but with vacuum.
Sometimes the whole operating block is damaged or diry. Sometimes - like on my 61 New Yorker - all the vacuum hoses are missing.
These block activates the vacuum actuators for open / close the airflaps and also the electrical fan.
Here : https://chrysler300club.com/tech/heater/7.html
and : http://www.forwardlook.net/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=39275&...

You will find more in the search section of this forum.
I suggest you learn the function of the system and check if all parts in your car are on board. .

Good luck
Roger

wizard
Posted 2023-11-06 12:12 PM (#632619 - in reply to #632616)

Board Moderator & Exner Expert 10K+

Phil, on Ac cars the blower is controlled by the heat lever. You should be able to pull it out (2 steps) for to start the blower
Arocket111
Posted 2023-11-08 2:36 AM (#632643 - in reply to #632617)

Regular

Thanks for the great info
Phil
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *