The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenny J.'s Excellent Big M Adventure
Author: Kenny J. (Show all albums)

I took a drive up to one of the places where Forward Look cars go to die and donate their parts for the others still on the road. Here are some pictures from my May, 2009 visit.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

After exiting I-15 onto the Barstow Freeway, California Highway 58 becomes a traditional two lane road. The light traffic was a pleasant surprise. There is another stretch of four lane road, then another two lane section. After that, it's four lanes all the way to Highway 99.

The intersection of Highway 58 and U.S. 395 is known as Kramer Junction. I was 180 miles from Bishop, but I did not have the time for a side trip to Neil's place.

There are 4500 of these giant windmills on the mountain tops of Tehachapi Pass. The railroad has to loop through this area so the trains have an easy enough grade to cross these mountains.

If you've seen "American Graffiti", you may remember seeing power poles like these in the background, after the '55 Chevy flips over.

There was also a power line like this one in "American Graffiti", visible during the drag racing scene.

Ten miles to Tail Fin Heaven.

The arrival.

Believe it!!!!!!!!

'57 Chryslers rock! This one is for sale.

That's my '57 Chrysler in the background, between the forklift and the '59 Olds.

The tail end of my Saratoga sedan. I have tail lights for it.

Three '59 Plymouth wagons, all automatics, all for sale.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)