The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenny J.'s Excellent Big M Adventure
Author: Kenny J. (Show all albums)

I took a drive up to one of the places where Forward Look cars go to die and donate their parts for the others still on the road. Here are some pictures from my May, 2009 visit.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

I suspect that part of the reason for not seeing many manual transmission '57-'59 Plymouths on the street is because John and M'Lisa have most of them at their place. This one has a bellhousing for an armrest.

I plundered this '58 Plymouth wagon without mercy, taking door glass and overdrive components, plus the overdrive, speedometer and parking brake cables as "cores" to have new ones made. I would have taken the windshield, too, if it wasn't "de-lamenating" around the edges.

The replacement hood on this Maverick doesn't seem to line up very well. At least it's protecting the engine from rain, which can fill up the cylinders and ruin it.

Here's a 440 and Torqueflite from a motor home,complete with tranny-mounted parking brake. I asked if this was a 413, but John said it is a 440. Just what Chaney ("dukeboy") needs for his next project. The dog dish hub cap is from a '66 Chevy. '65 Chevys use and identical cap, but with black paint instead of read.

With some ambition, a little elbow grease and some spare change, this sedan could be cruise-ready in a couple of weekends. Seriously, I was able to get some samples of green door panel vinyl from this picked over '59 Plymouth to use as samples just in case I decide to redo my black two door wagon in green.

Lookee here.........a '59 Plymouth four door hardtop with the "toilet seat" fake spare tire cover on the trunk lid.

Here's a solid, finned hauler.

Don't let the wrong color fool you.........this is a real Fury.

This parts wagon surrendered most of its roof.

Both rear quarter glass pieces and some of the side trim from this vehicle has joined my small "fleet" of '59 wagons.

This '59 Plymouth wagon came to Big M via the Bay Area.

A vintage U.S. Highway 99 sign hangs in John's engine shed.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)