The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenny J.'s Excellent Big M Adventure
Author: Kenny J. (Show all albums)

I took a drive up to one of the places where Forward Look cars go to die and donate their parts for the others still on the road. Here are some pictures from my May, 2009 visit.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

Very Space Age, indeed.

Somebody needed a steering column

I looked at all the '57 and '58 Chrylser parts cars to check for goodies for my Saratoga.

If you own a Pontiac Gran Prix like this one, perhaps you should purchase these front fender letters. As I recall, they were often the victims of stray shopping carts and people who couldn't parallel park.

It almost appears as if the spider webs are holding what is left of the dash together.

The circa 1970s accelerator pedal sticks out like sore thumb, especially in this well stripped interior. This '62 Chrysler 300 was a factory stick car with a floor shifter.

There isn't much left in this car's engine compartment.

These "dummy" spotlights appear to be pitted beyond economical repair. They represented quite a fad in their day.

How do you make a '57 Chrysler look like a '60 Plymouth? Just park it next to a tree that is about to fall over. A real shame, as this car was very nice before experiencing the wrath of Mother Nature.

Though the radio speaker cone was toast, the Desoto's speaker grille and factory A/C dash vents were in excellent condition. I removed the assembly and took it to the barn for safe keeping.If you need this piece, give John a call.

John pulled some door glass from this '59 Desoto for one of my Plymouth wagons.

If you aren't worried about 100% originality, you can use the metal defroster vents from a '57 in your '59 to replace any broken, warped or brittle plastic vents.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)