The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kenny J.'s Excellent Big M Adventure
Author: Kenny J. (Show all albums)

I took a drive up to one of the places where Forward Look cars go to die and donate their parts for the others still on the road. Here are some pictures from my May, 2009 visit.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

I also hunted down a mirror for the Saratoga.

As I examined and photographed the cars, I decided to close hoods, doors and trunk lids as I went. When you visit Big M's, or any yard which allows you access, please show the operators some courtesy and do the same.

The deteriorated condition of the wasp nest seems to match that of the sheetmetal above. Imagine lying on your back, removing trunk rods, then suddenly realizing this is right above your face.

An abandoned paper wasp nest. I encountered three active nests, including one on the car we pulled the drivetrain from. There is nothing nice about these critters once you anger them. And it takes very little to get them worked up.

Another view of the white (formerly blue) sedan.

It seemed the '67-'69 A body sedans would last forever. But here's one in retirement.

I'm sure some ambitious member will undertake the restoration of this Plymouth coupe.

If you saw the movie "Sugarland Express", you may remember a similar two tone green Buick. Before John acquired this car, it was parked in an East Bay yard where neighborhood punks pushed pipes through the fence to bust out the glass. John has the glass available for the car. He also recommends that its small block Chevy V-8 be replaced by a correct 322 Nailhead. I suggested that a 401 or 425 Nailhead might be better.

We put the '60 Plymouth to work as a torch holder.

On the way back to the Big M yard, we passed a California Northern freight going about its business. The trackage in this area is in excellent condition, allowing these trains to travel at a decent speed.

And yet another Fury in John's collection.

John erected this second building for additional storage.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First254 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)