The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lisa's Firedome Fun
Author: Lisa P (Show all albums)

*Make sure you look at the oldest photos first* This will be one of those project cars that will never be show quality but nonetheless, fun! I am using the Firedome as a way to learn all about welding, fabricating, painting, etc. and since the FL cars are the cars of my dreams but this was the only one I could afford, it was a good fit. I know it will never be worth (in $$$) what I put into it, but it is supposed to be FUN!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

It's coming together. I know, a frame-off resto is always best but I still need to get the floors and rockers together in order to even consider lifting it.

The floor or toeboard is gone and so is a lot of the metal from the large front mount. Hmmm.

I cut out the old rusted metal at the bottom and left a small overlap. This was plug welded and sealed. It has got to be better than it was, right?

I have some work to do here.

The rusted frame horn was no match for the newer leaf spring.

Lots of practice at welding and forming sheet metal here. With a coat of primer, the form should show up better.

Driver's side fender I tried my hand at butt welding in patch panels, plug welding and stitch welding. What fun!

Driver's side door. I tried to butt weld this.

A large section of the quarter panel was removed as it had a continuous line of rust where the trim had been. This makes the wheelhouse repairs easier as well!

A new floor!!! This was plug and stitch welded to the old floor-I left about a 1" overlap. Yes, I know it doesn't have the factory beads and may make some noise when it flexes, and no, it isn't as "deep" as a factory floor. Dear Santa-I could use a beater bag and a dead blow hammer...or a bead roller!

Passenger side wheelhouse nearly done!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)