The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lisa's Firedome Fun
Author: Lisa P (Show all albums)

*Make sure you look at the oldest photos first* This will be one of those project cars that will never be show quality but nonetheless, fun! I am using the Firedome as a way to learn all about welding, fabricating, painting, etc. and since the FL cars are the cars of my dreams but this was the only one I could afford, it was a good fit. I know it will never be worth (in $$$) what I put into it, but it is supposed to be FUN!
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

The initial removal of rust from the tailpanel. There was more surgery ahead for this old gal.

What I came up with for a tailpanel using a vise to put a bend in it. 1/4" rods will make up the lips that hold the weatherstripping in.

Quarter panel with a couple additional patches after I kept running into thin metal trying to weld the panel in. No fender lips yet, I don't know how I can make those. After I have the body filler smooth, I will try to align the front door and fender to the rear door and quarter panel working from the quarter panel forward.

After refurbishing.

This is an original door. The bottom half will be removed and replaced with new black marine grade vinyl. The rest will be painted with black and red vinyl paint from Duplicolor.

Trunk lip nearly ready for weatherstripping! I used 1/4" rod with 18 gauge sheet metal behind it to refurbish it.

After welding the sheet metal with the striker attached and removing it about 20 times, I finally have it where the lid shuts nice and tight-phew.

New outer rocker mfg by C2C welded on. It needs a bit more metal to transition from the area near the dogleg.

(2 Comments)

Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First69 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)