The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

56 Hemi Savoy
Author: Powerflite (Show all albums)

I bought this car in 2003 from Picture Cars in N. Hollywood which rents cars out to the movie industry. The previous owner was from the Bay area and passed away, at which time it was auctioned off to them. I don't know of any movies that it has been shown in though. I plan to put a 392 hemi in it that I have had since I was 15 yrs. old. I bought aluminum Hot Heads for it and it should go in soon. I hope to have a sleeper that will ignite the bias plys with the touch of the throttle. We will see.
Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First7 Photos - Page : [1]

Current condition of 392 hemi. Waiting for a better harmonic balancer, alternator bracket, flanged spark plug tubes and more $$. I plan to convert to electric fuel pump and alternator first before transplanting motors. I really wish I didn't have to use that screwy water cross-over hose, but it is required when using the aluminum heads on a 392. If I could get a cast one, I would try to make the motor look more stock and run original 1958 gold dual quad air cleaners with gold valve covers.

The 392 is taking me a lot longer to build up than I had hoped. I decided to drop this '55 331 hemi into my Plymouth in the interim to get the conversion process started. I was happy to get it in with only 1/4 to 1/2" extra height and shorty headers. I am enjoying the extra power even though it is no hot rod yet.

Pulled my 392 hemi from the 68 Barracuda I had it in to put it into the '56 Plymouth. Lots of fitment issues in the 'cuda that I hope to avoid by having it in the '56. Still runs well; but I want to rebuild it to freshen it up, put on the aluminum heads and hopefully a streetable roller cam.

Rare casting flaw in the Hot Heads. Bob Walker is one of the nicest people to work with and is replacing the head at no cost to me.

Original 277 motor before I put in the MP electronic distributor, GM HEI module, and high power E-core coil.

Gotta love those fins and bias plys. Can't wait to see thick smoke billowing out from under them. Currently it is a nice daily driver type car with surprisingly good gas mileage from the 2bbl 277 motor - about 17 mpg.

(2 Comments)
Frontside as bought. Is it just me, or does the front bumper seem to stick out too far in front of the car? I am seriously considering moving it back about 4". Do you think that would enhance the look or destroy it? Just a thought.

Show Newest Photos First | Show Oldest Photos First7 Photos - Page : [1]

Return to viewing all photo albums

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)