The Forward Look Network
The Forward Look Network
Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Chat | eBay | Calendars | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

'59 Plymouth Suburbans
Return to the album thumbnailsBack Next

The anti-AAJ crowd doesn't seem to care about this tip, but check it out.

If you install Roger's kit on a '59 & up Mopar, and have a low pedal after all the adjusting, bleeding and proportioning-valve setting you can do, this is a possible solution.

A pre-'59 pedal to master cylinder rod. Roger recommended this to me years ago. I got away without it, but that was possibly because I had the just the front kit installed.

Mopar went to one piece rod in '59, doing away with this adjustment.

I have the rod set to it's extreme limit to show the length possibilities. I acknowledge that this particular adjustable rod, out of a '57 Plymouth, was set at the same length as a '59 one piece rod. But even a slight lengthening reduces a considerable amount of pedal travel.

You could even make you own extension with a "long" nut and a piece of threaded rod.

I just wanted to show this to somebody who might be a bit more receptive.

All Roger did was design some brackets and use off the shelf components from GM, Mopar and AMC to make his kits.

Maybe Wilwood makes the top of the line conversion kit, but Roger's kit works for me in hectic urban traffic.

K.

* * * This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated * * *

(Delete all cookies set by this site)