[GFS] 57 Fury air cleaners-hanging left or right?

[GFS] 57 Fury air cleaners-hanging left or right?

does anyone genuine photo of a 57 fury engine to tell which side the front
aircleaner hangs from.  left or right side??
Mel.

VERY interesting question Mel...
I have always had my front air cleaner hanging on the left (drivers side),
but only because that's where it has always been.
So when I read your message, I went downstairs and checked my literature.
All the original dealer brochures show the front air cleaner hanging
towards the RIGHT.
I then checked all the photos I have of other Fury owners, including those
on this List. And almost everyone has their front air cleaner hanging on
the left as I had mine.
What's going on here?
Can anyone shed more light on this?
Glenn Barratt,