[GFS] 57 Rim Color

Hi Ed,

According to the Plymouth Product Information News dated September 1957
(in our 9/2001 Newsletter) - "Chassis Wheel Color Changed"  'The color of
the outside wheel surface has been changed on all 1957 Plymouth cars built
in Detroit (Furys built in Detroit in '57) beginning August 20, 1957.
Wheels on these cars are now painted an aluminum finish.'

Since the '58s started rolling onto Dealer Showroom floors in October
1957, seems to me with your production #, ie, late in the run (last 19%),
you could get away with your choice of colors - Sand Dune white or
Aluminum.  Regarding the inside of the wheels, the "ugly" greenish bluish
gray was correct for '56 and '57 wheels painted the exterior color.  Do
not know whether when they switched to Aluminum finish they did the whole
wheel in Aluminum or just the side the wheel cover mounted on.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jack Lewis