Re: [GFS] 1957 - 1958 - (1959?) Plymouth Trunk Mats

Re: [GFS] 1957 - 1958 - (1959?) Plymouth Trunk Mats

--- "Stragand, Dave" <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Forgot to forward this to the GFS list as well.
>
> I visited with Ed Siciliano last weekend, and picked
> up a couple of the
> first "production" trunk mats.  They look great, and
> fit fantastically.
> Jim Woomer took a couple of pictures side-by-side of
> his old mat with a
> new one.  You can see the pictures at
> http://www.forwardlook.net/sitestore/trunkmats/
>
> Answers to the most common questions I have been
> asked on these:
>
> - They will be available as the molder gets the
> time, in small batches.
> They are a background job for them to keep the costs
> down.  I'll keep
> everyone posted as they come in.  I will probably
> have advance ordering
> set up by the end of the week, and they'll go
> first-come, first-served
> style.
> - The price will be under $200.  Profits (if any)
> are going back in to
> getting more stuff made.
> - You will be able to pay by check, money order,
> PayPal, or major credit
> cards.
> - Shipping should run about $25-$30 in the U.S., in
> a heavy cardboard
> tube.  I have no idea what the shipping cost will be
> outside of the US
> yet.
> - They do -not- have the part number molded on them
> to avoid any legal
> entanglements
> - The only noticable difference I could see between
> old and new, was
> that the new ones have one 'border' section that is
> about 3/8" wider
> than it should be, but it is hardly noticable,
> especially when in the
> car.
> - No, the new mat is not "molded" to fit the trunk.
> Neither was the
> original, actually.  They just look like they were
> molded because
> they've been in that shape for 40 years.  The
> originals were flat as is
> the new one.
> - Other trunk mats are under production.  1957 -
> 1958 Dodge is next in
> line, and 57-8-9 DeSoto mats may be after that.  It
> all depends on how
> well the sale of these mats goes.
>
> I hope to get a few more pictures posted shortly,
> with some closeups.
>
> -Dave

> removed]
>
> I should say that all parts that are available for
the '55.57 and '57 chevy  should also be available for
all chrysler cars of the '50s as well

http://sports.yahoo.com

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fast. - Free Download