[GFS] On the Road Again! (problems and Q's too)

[GFS] On the Road Again! (problems and Q's too)

Friday, about 4:20PM, I finally got to drive my Fury for the first
time!

After beeing in the shop for 3 weeks (all my tools got ripped off, so
I had to do the shop thing), getting new brakes, springs, shocks,
exhaust, radiator re-cored, and tuned.

My impressions with the shop are mixed - I had no brake lights, and
discovrred the wires weren't even hooked up.  The hot lead was even
bare, just hanging in the breeze sparking on stuff.  Also the coil
ballast resistor was dangling and sparking. The car pulls to the
right, and is now swueling on the right. Sloppy work there, not even
to my own standards, and I was looking for a PROFESSIONAL JOB here.
It will definatley be going back for them to make it right.  Make it
PERFECT.

The exhaust, radiator, etc. is all first-rate. Very clean, very
precices work.

The speedometer is spastic and squels madly.  I sorta fixed that on
Saturday. Pulled the cable out of the shield and lubbed it up with
motorcycle cable lube. It doesn't squel any more, but still wags a
bit.

Still no idiot lights - another issue for the shop.  I was supposed
to get back a totally functional car.

Driving it is AWESOME though! I can't beleive the looks, nods and
thumbs up I recieve.  It's even more than on my Ural sidecar
motorcycle!

Power is ho-hum. Still got some gremlins to work out I guess.  I
can't find new air filters anywhere!  I've got an old Fram filter
with a number of SA-163PL, but all the shops tell me that doesn't
exist!  yeah, that's why I got one in my hands right now, jerky! haha

And the threaded rods and wing-nute on the carbies dissapeared at
some point, so I gots the bunge-chord special holding my air cleaners
on.

Genney isn't charging - haven't investigated that yet, but driving
anyway on a "total-loss" basis.  I just can't help it!  I got an
Optima in there, so it can take it anyway.

Now for the nitty gritty- it stopped shifting on me. Was doing fine -
I think, then it stopped shifting up.  It still does R-N-D fine, but
won't upshift at all. GRRRRR!  I know NOTHING about auto-trannies.
This is the biggest bummer.

Also, with the car, I got a few sets of rims, and I can't determine
what are the correct ones.  Whatever is on the car now isn't right,
as the wheel covers don't fit.  I got 2 other sets, 14x5.5 and a 15x6
set. Which ones are right? My tires are Firestone 14x8.0 BP's.  Are
niether correct? Also having a hell of a time finding a shop that
will mount tires w/inner tubes. (yes, I know the tires are tubeless,
but I tube all my tires anyway.)

So, that's my story for now.  Guess I'll be back to polishing for
now, till I can get the tranny woes sorted out.

Over and out!
Brian

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/BBiolB/TM