From: kdfmotors [mailto:o2cooled@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 1:39 PM
To: goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GFS] '58 Fury Progress report

Hello, and Happy New Year fellow GFS'ers!

Little progress has been made on the '58 since my last post, however
there have been a few steps worth noting.

I bit the bullet and had the caburetors professionally rebuilt. It
cost me a pretty penny, but boy do they look sharp! The only thing is
now they look almost TOO clean!

I laid down a OSB sub-floor over my crappy excuse for concrete in the
garage, over a plastic vapor barrier, and urethaned the s$%t out of
it for a decent working surface to park it on. Thus, the Fury has
been sitting outside while this was done.

I didn't want to put the carbies back on until I had dropped the fuel
tank and cleaned/sealed it, but I couldn't stand it being outside any
loger. (my driveway is uphill, and I don't know enough big guys to
push a Fury uphill!)  So, last night under the stars and in the 15
degree air, I put'em back on, added some fresh gas with Instead-a-
Lead and Sta-Bil, and cranked, and cranked, and primed, and
cranked... well, you get the picture.

Finally the beast came to life, with so much smoke I thought it was
on fire.  I used the e-brake, and lots of upper-body muscle (no power
steering pump yet), and got the mighty beast turned around and backed
into it's new stall.

At this point I'm seriously contemplating limping or towing the thing
down to a hot-rod shop a few blocks away, giving them the parts it
needs, and telling them "make it drive".  This is just to damm cold
to be out working in! They're a really cool shop, and I need to have
them tune those carbs for me anyway... hmmm

Well, no matter what I decide, I still need a few parts, and am
having trouble tracking them down.  If anyone can help, I need part
numbers and suppliers for the following items:

Shocks front & rear
Brakes - shoes, cylinders, springs, etc. all around
rear leaf springs
where to get good exhaust goodies (mufflers, tailpipe, etc)

Anything else I think I have covered.  Really doesn't need much else
to get on teh road anyway.

All help is appreciated!

Brian

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to