  From: Brian Wittling
  To: goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2002 2:31 AM
  Subject: [GFS] the plot thickens...

  Well, I pulled the valve covers off tonight.

  Found out a few things...

  1) the push-rod for the exhaust valve on cyl #2 is GONE

  2) OH MY GOD, I have never seen anything so disgusting. I think my
  friends were right... it's smoking so bad because the rocker covers
  are filling up with oil...  I couldn't even FIND the return galleys!
  I had to look for a picture of the heads in my manual to find were
  they were supposed to be.  I scraped as much as I could..YUK .. not
  much... and used screwdrivers, wires, brushes etc to try and clean
  out those galleys as much as I could. Could only go so far to where
  I guess it makes a turn or something.  It looks like someone filled
  the valve covers with dirt, sand and gravel in there, then made a
  nice hard oily paste out of it and covered everything.

  Anyone have any suggestions for flushing out a REALLY gunked up
  motor?

  Brian

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Plan to Sell a Home?