  From: Brian Wittling
  To: goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 5:13 PM
  Subject: [GFS] musical motors

  Well, I just got off the phone with the guy I bought my Fury from...

  It is definately NOT the original motor.. :-(

  Apparently in 1971 or so, his dad was driving the car and threw a
  rod - sound familiar? So they got this motor - strangely enough out
  of another '58 Fury that had thrown a rod! So this motor had somehow
  made its way from a '57 to a '58 and then into another '58 all by
  1971. He wasn't even sure it was a Fury motor, but only suspected it
  was.  When he got it, it had a 2-barrel style car distributor in it,
  and a funky manifold of some kind.  When it was installed in my '58,
  he swapped over to the correct distributor, and swapped the intake
  manifold and carbs over from the original motor to this one. Says he
  stil has the heads to the original motor to mine, but the block and
  other parts are long-gone.

  He thinks this motor only has about 86,000 miles on it, and he put
  less than 1,000 miles on the car from 1971-2001 when i bought it. He
  said even in 1971 when he swapped the intakes, it was so sludged up
  it was unreal. He thinks a lot of my smoke problems is because under
  the valves covers is all sludged up probably, and probably the return
  galleys are plugged up good.  Doesn't change the fact that I got very
  little compression though...

  So, that's the story...  Still going to send off to Chrysler
  Historical though..

  Brian

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Sell a Home for Top $