Re: [GFS] QUESTION FOR YOU ALL= BASE SIZE OF CARBS

Re: [GFS] QUESTION FOR YOU ALL= BASE SIZE OF CARBS

Ron,

There are two 2X4 manifolds for '56 and both use the square bottom WCFB.
The first was the aluminum manifold that came with '56 Fury high performance
package, announced in Jan & Mar '56 Bulletins.  P/N for that manifold is
1735919.  These were factory installed from what I understand and the whole
HP package included cam, 12" brakes, 6& 1/2" wheels etc.  The other manifold
is the cast iron 1732479, the most common, used as dealer option performance
package for '56 Fury's as well as other poly motors from '56 on, believe it
is also the standard manifold continued for '57 & '58 Furys as Ed says.  All
were square bottomed/flanged WCFBs.  The 1822004 manifold is for a wider
based WCFB carb.  I, too, have one of these latter manifolds.  It looks the
same except for the stud placement that the carb slides onto.  What they did
was move the studs for carb installation to the outer edge of the raised
footprints on the 2X4 manifolds.  It is a factory manifold, but like you,
have no idea when or where this manifold was used.  A '59 Power Pak option
for that year's single 4 barrel high performance 318 that was standard on
Sport Fury's?  Later applications as a dealer option?

Anyone else have info on the 1822004 manifold and the carbs used on them?
Would love to know.

Regards,

Jack Lewis