RE: [GFS] Frustration update
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

RE: [GFS] Frustration update

                 The car does have a VIN plate and is almost 100% complete. The 303 and Powerflite are out of the car; replaced by a 57 318 2x4 and a Torqueflite. Both engine/trans combos come with the car. The 303 was running when taken out but had significant main bearing noise. My experience tells me that it should be rebuildable. If it has to grow a few inches during the rebuild, so be it. I am also trying to figure out the best way to use the Torqueflite with push button control. The current setup is a crudely mounted floor shifter which will not remain. I will save this message and contact you, for the info you offered, if we are unable to get a Pennsylvia title. Thank you for your response.                                                                                                                      Joe
George McKovich <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Joe....
There is a place in Alabama called Hollywood Title that will issue an
Alabama title for around $200. Let me know if you need the info. Does the
vehicle have a VIN tag now???


-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Lenceski [mailto:jlrenco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] 
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 1:34 PM
To: goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GFS] Frustration update

I first contacted this group in mid June, for information about my 
newly acquired "prize", and your response was excellent. The 
information was accurate and the suggestions were very helpful in 
planning the project. I am confident that I will get all the help I 
need if I ever get this restoration off the ground. I bought the car 
in northwest Pennsylvania from a friend of my cousin. They go back 
to high school days; my cousin vouches for his honesty. My problem 
is that the seller does not have a title for the car and has never 
been registered owner. Among other ventures, he has a field full of 
old farm machinery and 60's/70's/80's junk cars. This how he 
acquired the car. He is also a farmer and has a machine shop to 
repair farm machinery. He has applied for a title but this seems to 
be a lengthy process. Bringing the car to Indiana, without a title, 
is not an option. I can apply for a title here and get one but it is 
almost certain that the car will lose its identity. In cases like 
this, Indiana, routinely, issues a "new" VIN. This is an aluminum 
tag with a state issued serial number. The original VIN tag is to be 
removed from the vehicle. The title carries the state issued serial 
number just like a home-built dune buggy or trailer. My brother 
bought a 69 Chevelle SS, under similar circumstances, and had this 
happen to him. Once the VIN is reissued, there's no going back. The 
seller has offered to refund my money but I want the car- with its 
true identity. Maybe this e-mail "venting" will improve my "patience 
quotient". Thanks for reading my too lengthy posting.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying 
or selling a car.  FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network