Re: [GFS] Frustration update
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [GFS] Frustration update

Here s the website for the title company George mentioned.


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Joseph Lenceski" <jlrenco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 6:28 PM
Subject: RE: [GFS] Frustration update

                 The car does have a VIN plate and is almost 100% complete. 
The 303 and Powerflite are out of the car; replaced by a 57 318 2x4 and a 
Torqueflite. Both engine/trans combos come with the car. The 303 was running 
when taken out but had significant main bearing noise. My experience tells 
me that it should be rebuildable. If it has to grow a few inches during the 
rebuild, so be it. I am also trying to figure out the best way to use the 
Torqueflite with push button control. The current setup is a crudely mounted 
floor shifter which will not remain. I will save this message and contact 
you, for the info you offered, if we are unable to get a Pennsylvia title. 
Thank you for your response. 
George McKovich <george@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:Joe....
There is a place in Alabama called Hollywood Title that will issue an
Alabama title for around $200. Let me know if you need the info. Does the
vehicle have a VIN tag now???


-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Lenceski [mailto:jlrenco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2004 1:34 PM
To: goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GFS] Frustration update

I first contacted this group in mid June, for information about my
newly acquired "prize", and your response was excellent. The
information was accurate and the suggestions were very helpful in
planning the project. I am confident that I will get all the help I
need if I ever get this restoration off the ground. I bought the car
in northwest Pennsylvania from a friend of my cousin. They go back
to high school days; my cousin vouches for his honesty. My problem
is that the seller does not have a title for the car and has never
been registered owner. Among other ventures, he has a field full of
old farm machinery and 60's/70's/80's junk cars. This how he
acquired the car. He is also a farmer and has a machine shop to
repair farm machinery. He has applied for a title but this seems to
be a lengthy process. Bringing the car to Indiana, without a title,
is not an option. I can apply for a title here and get one but it is
almost certain that the car will lose its identity. In cases like
this, Indiana, routinely, issues a "new" VIN. This is an aluminum
tag with a state issued serial number. The original VIN tag is to be
removed from the vehicle. The title carries the state issued serial
number just like a home-built dune buggy or trailer. My brother
bought a 69 Chevelle SS, under similar circumstances, and had this
happen to him. Once the VIN is reissued, there's no going back. The
seller has offered to refund my money but I want the car- with its
true identity. Maybe this e-mail "venting" will improve my "patience
quotient". Thanks for reading my too lengthy posting.

Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Links

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Yahoo! Groups Links

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying 
or selling a car.  FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network