Re: [GFS] greetings

In a message dated 10/16/01 11:19:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
kdfmotors@xxxxxxxxx writes:

<<

Hi Brian.  I am a freak for 57-58 Forwardlook cars and own a 57 Imperial,
2
58 Plymouths, and one 57 Plymouth Conv.  The most imprtant thing to look
for
is rust and previous rust repair.  These cars were prone to rustout
particularly in the lower sections.....floors, trunk floors, lower
quarters,
rockers, bottom of doors.   Just make sure that you are aware of the rust
damage and prepared to deal with it.  Look for areas that may have been
repaired with a quick fix (body filler).  After a thorough inspection,
decide
if the amount of damage warrants the purchase.  To me, mechanical
condition
is secondary.  Body work is the most time consuming and expensive area of
any
restoration.  Go out and get yourself a copy of The Old Cars Price Guide.

This will have current values on antique cars based on condition.  Hope
all
of this helps you out!  Welcome To GFS.  You may also want to join The
Forwardlook Mailing list.  This list deals with primarilly 57-58
Plymouths.
<A
HREF="http://websearch.cs.com/cs/results/cssearch-frameset.adp?hit_url=htt
p%3a

%2f%2fwww%2eforwardlook%2enet&type=I&first=1&dfirst=1&sTerm=Forwardlook&ty
pe=I

&brand=CSI&tabs=Y&serviceType=CServe&uType=CS2K&dateRange=0&channel=&gfirs
t=0"

Forwardlook Website</A>         George