Re: [GFS] REPRODUCTION ENGINE PARTS--290HP 318

--- In goldenfin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bjwt56@... wrote:
>Hi there.  Can you post a picture of the correct brackets or the cad
drawings that you have for the reproductions?  Or does someone know
where I can go online to view the 1957 Plymouth Product News that
John mentioned?  I am assuming that mine are correct but I do not
know so I would be interested in the reproduction pieces if mine are
wrong  Thanks Dwayne Miller
> Hello All:
>
>     Regarding the coil and spring brackets  for the 56-58 Fury 2 x
4
> carburetors.
>
>     The June 1957 Plymouth Product  Information News has a picture
of the 2 x
> 4 High Performance Kit for the 1956  277 and 303 engines and the
1957 277,
> 301 and 218 [sic]  (318?) engines.
>
>     In that picture, I can clearly  identify the coil bracket which
is
> proposed be reproduced.   Therefore, the coil bracket would be
correct for the 56
> and 57 Fury's  with the 2 x 4 carburetors.  I assume it would be
correct also
> for the  58's.
>
>     Also in that picture, I can identify  two springs, one shorter
than the
> other.  I do not see anything resembling  spring brackets,
however.  Spring
> brackets probably came along shortly  later, or were inadvertently
omitted from
> the photo.  I am going to assume  that spring brackets are correct
for my 56
> and order a set or two.
>
>     If any of you happen to have this  bulletin, note that the
carburetors
> will not bolt to the manifold shown.   The bolt patters are
different.  The
> carburetors shown have the "H"  pattern bolt pattern on an aluminum
throttle body.
>  The manifold  is for the larger cast iron throttle body bolt
pattern.

>     Questions or comments are  welcome.
>
>     Regards,
>
>     John  Teske