[GFS] RETURN SPRING ON 2/4S ON FURY ARE VERY IMPORTANT.!!!!!!

[GFS] RETURN SPRING ON 2/4S ON FURY ARE VERY IMPORTANT.!!!!!!

John,

    Thanks for refreshing my memory about the  straight linkage and the
manifold on the 56 Fury. You are the one who called  that to my attention a while
back. Below is a photos of the straight  linkage vs the progressive linkage
below and springs. Although no one is talking  about it the springs themselves,
they are very important on the 2/4  bbl Fury's. The bottom spring must be twice
as big and have the long straight  piece at one end so it does not increase
resistance as it pivots on  the carburetor. Springs without the long straight
end build up resistance and  can keep the carbs from getting full throttle.
>From my drag racing days I  have learned that completely opening up all 4 holes
in the 2/4 manifold to one big opening for each carb gives you more power at
high  RPM's and less power  at low RPM's from a standing start. The guys that
did  this who were mostly Chevy guys on the drag strip always had a
3.90--4.11-4.30  or 4.56 rear end ratio.

                                                               Ron

PS. What good is 2/4's if you are not getting full  throttle.
PS 2  Thanks for the photo and Plymouth information  sheet

Yahoo! Groups Links