Re: [GFS] RETURN SPRING ON 2/4S ON FURY ARE VERY IMPORTANT.!!!!!!

Re: [GFS] RETURN SPRING ON 2/4S ON FURY ARE VERY IMPORTANT.!!!!!!

Ron,

Would you send me a photo of this directly to my email
address? I don't get pictures when it goes through the
club web site.

Thanks,
John (john59oldcar@xxxxxxxxx)

--- archangel1390@xxxxxxx wrote:

> John,
>
>     Thanks for refreshing my memory about the
> straight linkage and the
> manifold on the 56 Fury. You are the one who called
> that to my attention a while
> back. Below is a photos of the straight  linkage vs
> the progressive linkage
> below and springs. Although no one is talking  about
> it the springs themselves,
> they are very important on the 2/4  bbl Fury's. The
> bottom spring must be twice
> as big and have the long straight  piece at one end
> so it does not increase
> resistance as it pivots on  the carburetor. Springs
> without the long straight
> end build up resistance and  can keep the carbs from
> getting full throttle.
> From my drag racing days I  have learned that
> completely opening up all 4 holes
> in the 2/4 manifold to one big opening for each carb
> gives you more power at
> high  RPM's and less power  at low RPM's from a
> standing start. The guys that
> did  this who were mostly Chevy guys on the drag
> strip always had a
> 3.90--4.11-4.30  or 4.56 rear end ratio.
>

>           Ron
>
> PS. What good is 2/4's if you are not getting full
> throttle.
> PS 2  Thanks for the photo and Plymouth information
> sheet

> removed]

http://mail.yahoo.com

Everything you need is one?click away.? Make Yahoo! your home page?now.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/BBiolB/TM