[GFS] side trim adhesive

Repainting the 56 and when I pulled off the gold side trim, there appears  to
have been some type of adhesive on the back side of the trim panels.   What
is this for?  Is this really necesary? Should I use some  sort of adhesive when
re-installing the trim? If so , what should I use.   Don't want to use
something that really STICKS in case I have to remove a panel  in the future.

Yahoo! Groups Links