[GFS] Tulsarama Update

Hi GFSers,

I was tipped by Michael Morris that those who entered the "Open" Tulsarama car show would be receiving packets.  He had not received his and when he informed me of this, I had not received mine either.  Today's mail delivered my packet.  So for all those GFSers, including Michael, who were submitted to Tulsarama for entry to the Open event, you should be expecting a packet if you haven't already received one.  Inside the packet are the schedule of events, detail on what the Open entry car owners should do as they enter the show, etc.  There is also a map of the "Open" car show layout.  The Golden Fin Society has its assigned spot on the layout and we are situated right next to our friends of the Forward Look group, and on the other side of them is the Plymouth Owners Club.  Other groups assigned to spots on the layout include: the Plymouth Prowler Association, Southwest MOPAR, Green County Triumph Club, Green County Corvair Group, Oklahoma Kit Car Club, Early Rods of Tulsa, The Crewzers, the Route 66 Cruisers and the Classic Chevy Club.  The boundary of this layout is Lawton Ave on the North, Seventh St to the West, Houston St to the south, and Third St to the east.  The Tulsa Convention Center is directly south, on Houston St.

The packet includes a badge which you will attach to a lanyard received at checkin.  The badge allows you in and out of the INVITATIONAL AUTO Show as often as you like and identifies you as having a Tulsarama entry.  Your packet also includes a "Dash Certificate" which is a 8.5" X 11" sheet of paper that identifies your entry, your name, hometown, and is supposed to be placed on your driver's side dash when driving your vehicle into the show parking lot.

Other great news - that busy road warrior, Tom Mitchell, finally had the time to email me that his '58 Fury also was accepted into the Invitational Auto Show - that means all three years of our great Golden Fins are on display at the very special Tulsarama Invitational Auto Show (to include Loyd Groshong's '56 and Gene and Mary Lou Vonderau's '57).

My list of GFSer cell phone numbers continues to grow and I will publish it on this list by Thursday June 7, so those heading out to Tulsa early will have a copy.  I will also bring copies of the list to Tulsa, for distribution.  If you want to add your cell phone number, email me as soon as you can.

Also, many of us have taken Jerry Burch up on his invitation to join he and his Tulsa Region of the Plymouth Owners Club at their special dinner at the local VFW Post.  Only $15 per person.  So far, attendees include yours truly and son, Jim; Bill Craffey, Denny Graber and Mopar friend, Larry Versteeg; Gene & Mary Lou Vonderau; Kay & Tressa Williams; Michael Morris and his wife; and Van Massirer.  If you haven't signed up yet and want to join GFSers and the POC, checks or PayPal arrangements must be made with Jerry Burch before June 8.  If you need particulars or have questions, feel free to email me.

All for now, Gang.  16 days and counting!

Jack

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional