[GFS] Power Brakes

Guys,

I've got an issue with the power brakes on my 58.  When first applied, they work fine.  After a number of stops, the boost is gone and I'm back to manual brakes.  I understand that I still have full brake operation, but I really have to stand on the pedal to stop.

I put a vacuum gauge on the tank.  Under no-load idle It registers about 6 in of vacuum.  Bringing the engine up to about 1500 rpm, the vacuum remains constant.  Is this normal?  Seems low to me.

When I measure the vacuum at the vacuum advance line going into the distributor, it's zero at idle, and rapidly advances to about 15 inches at about1200-1500 rpm, which I believe is normal.

Any thoughts?

Art Linden