[GFS] Engine Paint

I finally found Lion Gold Mopar paint, which is supposed to be the correct color for the air cleaner covers on the 350 Commando engine.  As I was stripping off all the old paint, which cracked, and chipping that was 50 years old, underneath this paint I discovered that the air cleaners were originally a Bronze color, which looked like factory paint.

I looked on Forward Look website and there was an old post that stated that the 1958 Golden Commando engine was originally Turbine Bronze engine color.  Does that mean the whole engine was Turbine Bronze, including the valve covers and the air cleaner covers from the factory, and then they were painted Lion Gold later along the assembly line??  I ask because that Bronze paint is also showing through on the valve covers. I also see that Bronze color on the differential and the transmission cover.  This is a brownish-reddish Bronze with a hint of metallic.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Phil

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional