[GFS] Classic Car Tax a hoax

Hi again GFSers,

GFSer Dean Ross sent me some links to the SEMA group and other Car enthusiast links that revealed that the NY Times article (not real) was a hoax that started out as an April Fools joke that went viral.  It was started as such by a Shelby Club member who had no idea how far the joke would go.  He is reportedly very apologetic about the whole thing.

Our last issue of the GFS Letter repro'd that authentic looking NYT article.  Looking back I have to admit that I was pretty naive to think that Senator Chuck "tax&spend" Schumer would ever propose such a thing?!  My apologies as well.

Jack Lewis