Re: IML: 70 rear axle / 62 Posi Pig Swap.

Re: IML: 70 rear axle / 62 Posi Pig Swap.

Hi All:  Now that I've got the good old Bendix Brakes in my 62 Imp. Custom working Fairly Well,  my next project is to swap out the rear end "pig". I've had a  3.23 posi in the garage for 22 years and the donor car was a '72 Cuda 340. I had a garage full of A Engine parts & some B/E body Stuff. it was for my Dreamed of B/E body Car Project.  Somehow Fate gave me a 62 Imp. 4-Door with 48K miles. There is a Note of Poetic Justice there, having a 72 Cuda as a donor car for an Imperial !  I don't drive it in the winter or bad weather. I want a little better acceleration so I think this setup should do just fine. I also want to find the cute little tuner car I raced over the I-696 Bridge on North bound Southfield going to the Woodward Cruise last summer. The encounter was kind of stand off all the way up to 80 MPH then we HAD to slow down, However the guy would not look at me at the 10-mile Rd. Light. I think he did not know anything that big could got that fast.  I put 125K miles on a Dodge Super Bee back in 68 to 70 & a 3.23 posi worked Fine.  It pulled 3000 RPM at 70 MPH with H-70 Polyglas Tires.   The 400-600 Mile I put it a year won't make any lost gas mileage a problem.
Happy Motoring to All
Dave V.

P.S I wonder if an  Auto.Slap-Shifter From the Cuda would fit the Imp.?
OK - Just Kiddin!